Cardboard rear package tray

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by CamaroNmotion, May 12, 2016.

1. CamaroNmotion

CamaroNmotion Veteran Member

Does anyone have a trashed package tray that has the factory option rear speaker 6x9 cutout that I could get a tracing of? This cutout would have the 3/4" +/- cardboard strip down the center of the opening. Any 2nd gen Camaro would do.

2. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Why not just install your pkg tray, then climb in your trunk and trace out the speaker holes. I did mine this way. I don't understand why you need a used one for the holes.

3. CamaroNmotion

CamaroNmotion Veteran Member

I would like to duplicate the center divider (the width, radius) that goes thru the center of the 6x9 opening. It is simply not a full 6x9 open hole in the cardboard, this a common mistake if your looking for originality.

4. ToolGuru

ToolGuru Member

If you want "originality", find a used original. Anything you use is NOT original. You're better off buying a repop with the cutouts already there. Next best thing.

5. garyandcindy

garyandcindy Veteran Member

I bought the mesh one for 6x9's from year one.Mounted the speakers from the bottom and the package tray slid in over the top.The fit is perfect. No covers required and no screws heads showing.