Ceramic coated vs. Jet Hot coated headers

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by moemills, Sep 12, 2006.

1. moemills

moemills Veteran Member

Are there any beneifts / detriments of using either one? I have seen the JeT Hot headers at a lower priced then the vendor ceramic one. I'm curious about the durability of both - are they equal.

2. Rick WI

Rick WI Veteran Member

Jet Hot is ceramic coating.

3. Badkarma

Badkarma Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I belive he wanted to know if jet hot is a better quality coating than what, lets say, a set of hookers would come with when ordered coaterd with Hookers ceramic coating. I have often wondered if one companys end product was better than another, of if it mainly came down to who had better customer service.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  4. 79silverz28

79silverz28 Veteran Member

Good question...

That's a really good question, but I think in general Jet Hot is probably just doing more volume and so able to get a better price. I have had 3 different cars with ceramic coating, all three by different companies [Jet Hot, Hookers with the coating on it already, and a local shop that did ceramic coatings] which each lasted me 10 years on the car with almost no issues [the edelbrocks started to get some spots on them after 10 years of being outside and in a wet north eastern US part of the country].

So, my general answer answer is get whichever you want. My cautious answer is to get something like the JetHot 2000, which I think has a lifetime warranty. Then you can always pull them off in 10 years, and mail them back. I've known a couple of people who have pulled them off after 5-6 years and mailed them in just as preventitive maintenance, and Jet Hot recoated them for free.

Anyway, I don't think you can really go too wrong with coating, or I have been very lucky :)

5. moemills

moemills Veteran Member

That was my question ... is one better than the other cause I can get the Jet Coat cheaper.

After I posted this I called Summit. They don't sell the Jet Coat headers (only Ceramic from the manufacturer). But they told me they believed that Jet Coat did both the inside and outside of the headers and the Manufacturer only did the outside. ????

Thanks for all your input.

6. Ztoy

Ztoy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Ask anyone selling ceramic coated headers and they will tell you theirs if the best. Personally, imho, they are all pretty much the same. The diff is probably going to be the quality of their work and their service if there is a problem.

I called Jet Hot and ordered a set of Super Hookers with their coating inside and out which is guaranteed for life. I received the headers and upon further inspection found the packing was not up to snuff which allowed the collector from one header to rub one of the tubes from the other header.
    This went through the coating, so I called them. They sent me a call tag for the old headers, and I recieved a new set within 5 days, not the same set recoated. Now thats service if you ask me. This will make me buy from them again if ever needed. Btw, the 2nd set was perfect......

7. 1978LT

1978LT Veteran Member

Man, I don't know if I'd even be sure of that, if the coating rubs off that easy. I figured ceramic was mega tough stuff??

8. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Remember that ceramic is glass. Anything hitting against it will break it, and here in the frozen North, just starting up an engine on a very cold day when the headers are wet with snow will break the glass and it will start to fall off the first Winter.

9. 77thor

77thor Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I would want the inside and the outside coated... so I would buy directly from Jet Hot

10. Transman

Transman Veteran Member

I'm quite happy with my NitroPlate coated Dynatechs.... great finish work and reasonable pricing. Excellent service as well. Here's a shot of them with the motor out of the car:

[​IMG]

(Motor now has a little different look to it.... if anyone is looking for a 750 Demon let me know... hint, hint!)