Chiefs vs Titans

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Knuckle Dragger, Jan 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

6 championships all with asterisks attached. Video taping, deflated balls, whatever else the list goes on. Hell they just got busted video taping again! I mean I know the bengals are a tough team and you need every advantage you can get and all.

About the only thing positive I can say about Brady is that he’s not a greedy aHole. Taking a 2nd string paycheck, I think I saw like 22nd from the top on the top paid qb list.
    2019 =15 million.

Quite the bargain when you consider the other qbs on that list that make more than him. Much more. *cough cousins cough cough*

2. younda

younda Veteran Member

the only asterisk is that these six NE championships were in the salary era - unlike 49ers, steelers etc. - deflated footballs - bwa hahaha

3. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Don’t get me wrong, I dont believe for a second that none deflated balls would have helped the colts win that game, but it IS against the rules, and done with the intent of gaining an advantage which IS cheating and therefore earns a asterisk.

xten and 1972_Z-28 like this.
  4. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

First and foremost, I am not a Patriot fan, just a fan of football. This whole deflategate issue was and is a pile of crap against a team that frankly has just been better than the competition for an extended period of time. It's jealous fans of other teams that have made this story bigger than it really is.

May I remind people that the pressures were checked before the game and set at 12.5 for Patriots balls and 13 for the Colts (both legal as the spec is 12.5 to 13.5) before the game. When checked at halftime, the balls had been exposed to the elements for an extended period of time.

Earth to the anti NE crowd, tire pressures and footballs affected by cold temperatures. It's simple science - something that the NFL chose to ignore.

They tested 11 of the Patriots balls, but only checked 4 of the Colts balls at halftime (they ran out of time - how long does it take to check pressure?). They used two different air gauges. Even some of the 4 Colt balls tested below 12.5 on one of the gauges despite being inflated to 13 pounds before the game.

Another factor that was ignored by the NFL was that the Patriots balls were actually in play longer than the Colts balls on the cold rainy night. Bottom line, they were out in the elements for a greater duration of time.

Common sense says that a ball set at the legal minimum would be more likely to be under the minimum hours later after being exposed to the weather as they were.

The NFL gave the frustrated fans what they wanted - a baseless penalty on the Patriots. It cost the Patriots $1,000,000, 2 first round draft picks and a 4 game suspension for Brady. Brady's suspension was overruled and he played the full season in 2015. But the NFL appealed that decision and it was overturned in 2016. Brady decided to just call it a day and not appeal.

To the frustration of the anti New England crowd, the Patriots won the SB (again) at the end of the 2016 NFL season despite the Brady 4 game suspension.

There really is no story here - other than a bunch of people ignoring simple science to in a vain attempt to make themselves feel better about not being able to beat the Patriots in a fairly played game .

5. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

[​IMG]

Dave Nelson likes this.
  6. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

KD

You just validated my post. A lot of very frustrated fans of under-performing teams choosing to ignore science.

I refer you back to the poll about the biggest cheats in the NFL - led by your under-performing donkeys...;)

7. Knuckle Dragger

If believing that takes the sting out of paying a mediocre QB to put you in "almost" hell you go ahead run with it.

8. younda

younda Veteran Member

Well done - that proves it! - all those blue states look like CNN’s poll before the 2016 election.

Shizzle and The Champ like this.
  9. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

I'll take a "mediocre" in your opinion, average paid per NFL salary numbers for a veteran, QB that can go on the road and win a playoff game against one of the best teams in the NFL.

Sorry if I don't consider you to be a great football mind. Not claiming that I am either.

10. Knuckle Dragger

Yeah, I'm the only one that thinks the Vikings got rooked LOL.

gramps likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.