Chiefs vs Titans

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Knuckle Dragger, Jan 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

his numbers are mediocre, he also isn’t average as he is the 6th highest paid QB.

2. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yeah even, Tim, I'm a nice guy but can't pass for poo, Tebow won a playoff game ;) AND didn't cost the Broncos 84 million to find out either.

Shizzle and gramps like this.
  3. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

I did say "veteran" QB. It's well understood that QB's on their rookie contract are bargains.

The 2019 veteran (not on rookie deal) playoff QB's salary cap #'s (rounded to the nearest million) for the last 2 years:

Jimmy G - $37M - $20M = $57M
    Drew B - $24M - $23M = $47M
    Kirk C - $24M - $29M = $53M
    Russ W - $24M - $26M = $50M
    Tom B - $22M - $22M = $44M
    Aaron R - $21M - $30M - $51M

You'll notice that the 3 QB's on "old" deals are the only QB's under $50M for the two years. Brady's sweetheart expiring contract being the lowest of the six, $13M under Garopollo's.

Now that list doesn't include some highly paid QB's (some that are even higher than the playoff QB's) that didn't make the playoffs (Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Cam Newton, Derek Carr, etc).

So, yes, Cousins' contract is very typical for a veteran QB that can lead his team to the playoffs.

4. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Remind me when Tebow signed a second contract...:rolleyes:

5. Knuckle Dragger

Kirk Cousins = Tesla, Over-hyped, overpriced and fails to deliver.

You're just making my point for me. Tim's second contract was with the Patriots, and then the Eagles. Technically he likely had to sign something with the Jets but that was a trade not a new deal. The Vikings are OK paying for meritocracy where other teams aren't. The other teams kick the tires, give enough of a contract to see what they had and moved on. The Vikings went full retard and sold the farm for a guy that will get them "almost" there. I'll bet most Vikings fans realize Kirk isn't the answer but some of you just have to be right and are so invested in that it blinds them to the fact their team screwed up.

6. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Tebow was traded to the Jets while still under his rookie deal, played very little and was released at the end of the year. In total, he started 16 games over the 3 seasons.

Yes he signed a contract with the Patriots in 2013, but was released at the end of preseason.

Two years later, Tebow signed a deal with the Eagles, becoming their #5 QB. No surprise, Tebow was released at the end of preseason.

In both cases, he was just a camp arm.

Tebow never played another down in the NFL, much less started a game.

I can't believe you are trying to use Tebow as an example of a "veteran" QB when he never played a down on anything but a rookie deal.

Sad.

f-body freak likes this.
  7. Knuckle Dragger

LOL, I'm saying even a non NFL caliber player like Tebow can win a playoff game. That was the standard of greatness you set for Cousins. But you got that and just can't admit Cousins was a mistake and your take on him is pure homerism. Keep spinning Champ, keep spinning. :)

I'm still busting up you thought you had a zinger with the whole "second contract" thing with Tebow and didn't do the research to know he signed multiple contracts and you ended up looking silly.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  8. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

For the 2019 season. ADDB31F8-2BFF-49E9-AF00-FFB661F7429A.png

9. f-body freak

f-body freak Veteran Member

This is awesome, lol. I gotta butter my popcorn & settle in...
    Cant believe I can learn so much about Camaros & Kirk Cousins all in the same place :rolleyes:
    I love it guys, keep it coming

10. Knuckle Dragger

When Champ gets obsessed he doesn't go half way. Ask Elon and Danica. Welcome to living rent free in Champs head Kirk. :)

Dave Nelson and Shizzle like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.