China land on Moon, while the US has to hitch a ride with the Ruskies

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 69LM1, Dec 14, 2013.

1. troutman

troutman Veteran Member

Was thinking the same thing. Made in USA?

2. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Veteran Member

Unfortunatly I was thinking the opposite. It seems that in the world of speed parts,they just rob our hard earned technology and recreate it in equal quality by using 3rd world labor,and manufacturing facilities that have looser environmental and safety regulations. I cant say that they are absolutely lower qualitybut sometimes are,but they can still make an identical product cheaper just on the facts that I just mentioned. I could just see workers in a hellhole breathing toxic dust carving out heat shield out of toxic materials with no worker protection for just a bowl of rice a day,and deformed babies and cancer riddled residents a half mile down the dirt road. When you are tempted to buy Chinese just think about these things. I know I buy Chinese stuff for engine kits like the Eagle crank kit that I recommended on the engine forum,but I feel like most of the "made in the USA" kits are just partially machined here or have mixed sources of parts and charge more money. I really hate when they mislead us like that. Even some high end crankshaft companies have their stuff forged over there and machined here to beat enviormental laws.

So back to the made in the USA shuttle,there would be no reason to pay us to do it. JUst being devil's advocate here. :(

3. LayZ

LayZ Veteran Member

Just to stir a pot, so people died trying to get to the "moon" they just as easily could have died to protect the secret that we didn't. I find too many people that are in the know and that bad boy gets out. Better to silence people permantly if you really want a secret to stay that way. I don't trust the goverment as far as I could spit. So for me it's a maybe we did, maybe we didn't.

On a business side of why we abonded it is because we couldn't afford it. It's real easy to be China and say we are going. When the tax payers are flipping the bill it's harder to keep that show afloat. Do I think we abonded space LOL hell no, we just don't do it in the spectaular show we televise. We have missles up there in staelites. Why do you think we were so worried about the y2k thing? we were afraid we would lose remote control of them. People are sheep and afraid, if we said we were putting nukes in space all kinds of people would be up in arms.

On the wierdo space sci-fi guy side, we gave it up to stop an intergllatic war between us and mars. In order to keep the martians at bay we let them abduct people to experiment on to keep the peace.

4. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

Yawwwwwnnnnn...... They sent a rover. One way trip. We sent people. And brought them home.

5. Led Zep

Led Zep Veteran Member

The US popped the cherry virgin with the first man on the moon.Going back costs alot of money,and for what reason?

So China sends a RC car and now you are concerned?

6. troutman

troutman Veteran Member

I see different of chinese quality other than cranks and rods. Look at nearly all of the chinese christmas toys that last more than a day or two. I recently took back the second thermometer gun in one week that failed after a few readings and showed cashier the problem, label- made in china. She said that's nothing, the american flags that they sell also have that label on them.

7. Leonards78LT

Leonards78LT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I doubt if China gives a f*** about anyone but themselves and less about the environment.:(

8. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

To give you the experience of my life...we did do it. It just wasn't that difficult to do. Orbital mechanics is easy to do and heavy lift vehicles were a piece of cake. RV's were easy-peasey. Simple electronics were enough.

You can even see some of the launching leftovers at a few of the space museums/centers.

F=MA, baby, F=MA...

9. 77 rs

77 rs Veteran Member

What would happen if the Chinese rover could and did remove our flag and plant theirs? Great propoganda! Spain claimed north America, China could claim "Peoples Republic of the Moon".

10. Protour-Camaro

Protour-Camaro Veteran Member

I also have doubts we landed on the moon too....lets see the flag lol...:cool: