Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Rosster, Oct 25, 2020.
not sure why, but those holes look bigger than stock...did you measure hole diameter by chance?
No. I think this is what the original looked like...
As an aside, I'd bet anyone who has never changed the subframe mounts is in for a surprise when they do.
The rubber flexes, so water and salt can get between the mount and the body floor. After 50 years of action, there is probably some serious rusting.
yeah everywhere around the mount has not corrosion it’s just under those rubber donuts. The amount of rust that dropped to the floor on each mount was amazing! Ordered all the proper size washers from classic industries and will proceed to weld in new donuts and grind smooth so it looks original. Need to order something to be able to spray the inside of the frame. Anyone have any suggestions?
I got one of these:
to spray epoxy primer. I did the rear lower valance below the bumper with it so far. Worked pretty good. Had the car on a rotisserie and spayed and rotated the car until the epoxy flowed out the seams on the edges and in the trunk.
Started assembling the rotisserie. I bought a redline rts3000 which comes with a gear drive to turn the car on its side. TBH, I was surprised how super heavy duty this thing is built. It shipped in a crate which weighted 660lbs so lots of steel. Here’s few pics of some of the bolts and casters. I started assembling the uprights today and should wrap stuff up tomorrow l once I get that crate out of the garage I can move some stuff to give me a little room as stuff is way congested right now.
Yup. It's the only way to do it right. You'll be praising yourself when you can install the headliner upside down!
luckily the interior is mint so hoping to not do much but deep clean 24 year of dust/dirt from sitting in the back of a garage. Even the carpet is in great shape with the factory floor-mats still in place.
Well didn’t make much progress over summer as I have a much tougher time dealing with the heat now that I’m older. Finally starting to have more moderate temps so am back at it. I have a bunch of parts that are off the car and need to be restored/refinished so began working on those. Master cylinder and booster were original so began working on the M/C. I’m going to send the booster off for restoration. Also blasting the spindles to remove 50 years of rust and dirt build up. Finally, I’ve been dreading pulling the rear springs and axle as reading all the horror stories of getting the front mount bolts off without a torch. My SIL came down for the day and we made quick work of it Luckily, only had the grind the head off one bolt! Springs are done with multiple breaks and shackles will need to be replaced too. Here’s some pics:
Here’s some work completed on the spindles. Also refinished the original dust shields but already packed them up before I could take a pic. There was yellow paint on the press in spindle so added that back as well. The raw casting was painted with eastwood cast iron finish paint and it really looks like raw cast iron!