Clutch Kit Recommendations

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by 74cam_mojo, Jul 3, 2007.

1. 74cam_mojo

74cam_mojo Member

I'm installing a GM 330HP crate motor in a 74 Camaro and I have a Sag 4 sp tranny. Can anyone suggest a dependable Clutch Kit manufacturer (10 Spline 11"). I'd like to get the next level or more upgrade from OE that's not overpriced for street rodding.

I was thinking Centerforce non dual friction (heard dual friction could be noisey) but they're a bit overpriced.

Then I'm looking at ZOOM....? Ram???? McLeod ???? I'm freakin confused!!!!

2. Wouldabin

Wouldabin Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

i cant say enough good things about the centerforce dual friction kit. well worth the $$ in my opinion. Never heard of it being noisy. as long as you dial in your bellhousing correctly and align the clutch properly during installation, you should be good.

3. 67lemanster

67lemanster Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

yep i agree. i have them in both my cars. a 496 and the 421 sbc. they make no noise.

but you cant go wrong with the ones you listed. you not throwing a ton of power at it. just remember you get what you pay for. i would want the best parts available to make sure i am putting power down worry free.