Co-worker rant

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 1970 gold, Apr 23, 2015.

1. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

Their policy is 100% health insurance rate related. A lot of companies are going tobacco-free to get substantially lower health insurance deductibles for their employees. If the company doesn't deduct a weekly amount (basically pays it for them), then they have the say-so about implementing a tobacco-free campus.

It seems like they would let the employee 'opt-out' of the insurance plans if they wanted to use tobacco. But it is what it is.

2. Devildog

Devildog Veteran Member

I'm not sure what the Hell happened to America. What ever happened to working hard and earning your way?

Sure this job sounds tough and perhaps it's not glorious, but it sounds to me like stable work for a decent starting wage. If you have a mortgage or children to feed and you need work there's not a lot of room to be picky.

There seems to be a sense of entitlement in America today where people want to start off at the CEO level only. If I was 20 and looking for work, I'd rather START OFF at $53K with a 401K, a pension, and health benefits as opposed to flipping burgers. Hell you could put in 30 years, retire at 50, with a 401K and a 30 year pension. That sounds pretty damn good to me.

3. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

No kidding.

The mom and the son are idiots. $53K. I did read that correctly, right? $53K....starting......at 20 years old............IDIOT!

4. 73Camaro383

73Camaro383 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

You guys are missing the point. When does it end. Your overweight. we can't hire you. You eat fast food, we cant hire you. You live in a bad neighborhood, listen to loud music, go to the local Friday night drags, etc etc.. This is only the beginning. start giving up your freedoms and see where it leads.. Sheeple make me laugh

5. Joekool

Joekool Veteran Member

When you work for someone you lose part of your freedom in exchange to earn a wage, you are their slave for how many ever hours you work a week. So are you suggesting that no one should work for anyone since they would lose some of their freedom?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  6. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Smokers always smell of smoke. This isn't an issue to me, I'd just avoid them, but they tend to breathe that good ol' second hand smoke into the environment near them. No non-smoker wants to be near them or breathe their left over smoke, even a long time after they finished.

You can harp on freedoms and fatties and whatever, but smoking kills and it doesn't just kill the smoker.

My sisters brother-in-law lost his job as an ambulance attendant because a new company in Volusia County took it over and changed the rules. No smoking, period, anytime. They can do it and it will continue. Now, he works in an emergency room. Just pisses him off, but I would have used it as an excuse to quit.

Personally, it is disgusting to be within the personal space of a co-worker that smokes. I just avoid the situation and say do what you want as long as it doesn't bother me.

Remember, only 5% of the population can do anything they want and live into their 90's. The rest tend to die young from those evils. ;)

7. Phil G

Phil G Veteran Member

My Pop must be one of the 5%. He's smoked since he was 19 and is nearly 93. He hasn't got much time left though...