Cold enough yet????

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Region' started by jeff swisher, Feb 14, 2021.

1. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

Interesting picture. Around here, that would be a once in 10 years magnitude snow storm so I can only guess the impact in a climate where there would be nearly no annual preparation.

KingofThings likes this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings Veteran Member

Ha!!!!!!!!

3. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

My friend down th street , i live on the coast of NC , he wanted to badly visit his family in Tulsa few days ago, i guess its the grandchildren thing. He called on the phone and mentioned how cold it was as he traveled to OKLAHOMA. Its been45-65 here mostly and raining alot . I wondered how he would do as he has medical breathing issues, I checked the accu weather and gasp as i saw the report . 7 degrees and something i ve never seen before anywhere i ve lived . The air quality was rated a POOR . an air warning alert , im like what for? Air Pollution! Wow ...smh.. Bad extreme cool air , not a smart place for him to have went. LOL i d told them to visit me !

4. 1972_Z-28

1972_Z-28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Went without power from Monday 7am to Wednesday 730ish PM. Still on this morning so that is good. Had no internet via cell data either. Hell it was like camping but with split pipe in the attic.

jeff swisher and KingofThings like this.
  5. sooner

sooner Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

You guys have had a bad go of it down there, and hate it for all of you.

KingofThings likes this.
  6. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Somebody needs to get hung from the highest yardarm for this. The entire grid should not go down. Someone did the absolute
    minimum to get the power designed and built. Shameful! Prayers to all.

jeff swisher, KingofThings and sooner like this.
  7. sooner

For the record ill take cold over hot any day. The summers here are generally miserable. The moisture coming up from the gulf makes it a dirty nasty humid mess. Its even worse for our neighbors in Texas. Heat indexes in the latter part of may through June routinely get up in the 108-115+ range. Then we get in to the dry heat months of July, August, and usually about 3 weeks of September. We consider it "a nice day" when the dry heat gets below 94*.

I spent a couple of weeks mid summer in Ohio last year on business. The facility that I visited was open air (as in no A/C) and I saw about 3 fans in the entire 241,000 square ft. facility. This was in the 3rd week of July, and then the first week of August. I work in a 1.2million square ft. open air facility and there are probably 10,000+ (literally) fans in there. I spent a bunch of years on that hot shop floor making hot chips in the machine shop. My working conditions have improved comfort wise over the years, but I sure don't forget where I came from...and why I hate summer time in this state.

8. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

^^^^During July and August here I get everything don before about 11am. Humidity takes over and my ac gets turned on.

9. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Due to Lake Erie the cold water squishes most thunder storms and clouds in summer. We have a lot more sunny days because of it and it don’t rain pretty much all summer

KingofThings and sooner like this.
  10. sooner

Yup, same here. I'm an early riser so I try to get the most out of the mornings, but usually cash out at 11 also. Only exception is the week before the 4th when I'm putting my fireworks show together, but I did buy a port-a-cool swamp cooler a couple of years ago to be able to extend my days a bit during that time.

KingofThings and Zstar like this.