Colorado Forum

Discussion in 'Colorado Owners' started by asphaltburner, May 30, 2010.

1. asphaltburner

asphaltburner Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yeah, Jerry,...hauling buckets of water to 59 trees/shrubs, in the 90+ F temps, each five days is pretty miserable, too! But both of us are "GETTING 'ER DONE!", huh!? Glad to hear that you are making progress on the Z!
    I just got done reinstalling/aligning the newly painted hood and trunk on my '79 Fiat Spider,...I did it in base coat/clear coat. Only enough time to do those parts,...so I'll paint the car this spring/summer and prep for now.
    Supposed to cool off a bit,...perhaps I'll bust out the Camaro again, for fall!
    Hope for some rain,...

2. nutchevy

nutchevy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Took the camaro out yesterday for a ride to ft collins to visit my sister. Nice weather for the ride. Seems like their building everywhere.

70-camaro likes this.
  3. nutchevy

Hope everyone having a safe holiday weekend.

4. TheFastForester

TheFastForester Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

You too N-C. Buckle up for a wild weather ride this week, maybe it will stop raining ash.

5. asphaltburner

Made it to late September without losing any newly planted seedlings, and the new trees and shrubs from last year have done great. 58 new plantings on 3.5 acres,...mostly evergreen, almost all seedlings that started in our yard! Elms, Rocky Mountain junipers, ponderosa pine, a couple of hackberry trees, and a Russian olive. No landscaping - simply re-foresting,...trying to do my part to help the environment on this small acreage.
    Terrible-dry in Colorado! Terrible-dry everywhere,...Fire west of here is burning some of my ol' camping grounds,...
    Ready to park the '88 RX-7 (under cover) for the year and uncover the Camaro, now that the temps are cooling. '79 Fiat Spider is running like a champ - began it's painting process already,...it is coming out pretty in "Grigio metallic" base coat/clear coat!
    All have a good weekend!
    Stay healthy and safe!!

6. TheFastForester

TheFastForester Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Good job AB on getting all those trees through this record breaking summer heat, makes a (fast) forester proud :)
    Fire west of the Fort is kicking up again, more evacuations today.
    Hope everyone has a good week!

7. asphaltburner

Terrible, isn't it, TFF?! My ol' camping areas are burning up right now,....'been goin' up there since my family moved to 'Collins in '73. And I've seen more out here in the past, but there's a good amount of smoke 20 miles east of 'Collins, lately,...
    Dead/downed/beetle-kill wood needed to burn, though. Hasn't for nearly EVER,...!
    I'll keep workin' on the "three and a half acre wood"! Thanks! One of my first-year elms in the pasture is five foot,...one of the RMjuniper transplants (seeded from my front yard trees) is about six inches tall. A couple of the bare-root RMjunipers from last year are now about three foot, and filling out.
    I enjoyed rough-calculating how much water I go through for 58 plantings,...every five days,...since early June. Good thing that we have a well to help with it all,...
    RX-7 is parked for the year. Spider is running perfect,...completing fine bodywork. Camaro is up at the house, in the small garage, ready for the road.
    Later. Todd.

8. asphaltburner

The Cameron Peak fire is at 126,000 acres, and the Mullen fire in Wyo, is now at 151,000. The smoke is choking eastern Colorado again today,...
    All stay healthy, if you can!

9. nutchevy

Hope everyone ok,that wind yesterday was blowing everything thing around,stay safe.

10. asphaltburner

Dead dry, no moisture, and big wind - nice combo! North, and west of here burning up,...all of our old tent-camping areas. Glad we got to enjoy them when we did,...