Colorado Forum

TheFastForester

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 9, 2008
Broomfield, Colorado
Keeping the big spruce we moved to our build site alive by hand watering, what a task over the past year plus.
Cruisin the Z a while ago and it was the first time it left me stranded. Luckily I was close to home and got the tow strap out of the Tundra and got it back for troubleshooting. No spark, the original distributor finally gave up the ghost. Put an aftermarket in, re-set the timing and fired right up. I'm saving the original to dig into at some point. Now I've got a coolant leak to troubleshoot, can't wait for the shop to be done!

asphaltburner

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 11, 2003
Ault, CO USA
I've resorted to flooding small parts of my pastures with well water. And 'over-water' into the yard, at the same time. It's the only way that I can keep up. Everything is doing well with my new method, including the "72" new 'pasture plantings' (really not sure how many are out there, now), and it's not quite as much work as bucket watering.
I lost my spruce to drought over the winter, and my big maple to sun scald/insect damage - and then a blast of wind broke it's 8" trunk off at ~4'. Healthy maple suckers have started,...don't know if they can survive, since most suckers don't.
Nice weather, anymore, out here in Ault,...lots of sun! Dry. Hot,...a little different than when we moved in, in 1985,...
Finishing 'my part' on the '68 Mustang, prior to paint. Car is ready for the last step - L rear fender skin R&R, minor repairs to R - waiting in line, right now, for my welders' time,...
Time to do one project on the '88 Mazda RX-7,...m. brake reservoir seal R&R!
The projects just never end,...

asphaltburner

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 11, 2003
Ault, CO USA
I'm winning! Selective flooding with well water is staying ahead,...! Nice rain on Saturday afternoon,...
I've begun on the Mazda,...
Bought a used one, and began learning the cello! I must have not been busy enough,...

asphaltburner

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 11, 2003
Ault, CO USA
YEAH!
I saw THIS one first,...it's pretty cool - kinda like a certain scene from a "Back to the Future" movie. These guys are amazing,...
I'm beginning to rock on the cello already (not quite like 2CELLOS!). Really not that hard,...Thanks, Keith.

Last edited:

asphaltburner

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 11, 2003
Ault, CO USA
I love the monsoon season in Colorado!
More rain today!
Hope you're doing OK with your new landscaping, Keith! Getting stuff started is not easy, maintaining it is different,...

Last edited:

Jerry73Z28

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2017
Greeley, CO
Some good rain without even a threat of hail - how long has it been?
Shut off my sprinklers so they wouldn't run this morning.
I have a new resident in my front yard, hope it survives the transplant:
IMG_1055.JPEG

asphaltburner

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 11, 2003
Ault, CO USA
Congrats, Jerry! Nice looking tree. My trees are putting on a lot of new growth. Due to our drought conditions, I began flooding them with well-water 2nd week of July, and they were doing well, before we suddenly got a couple of small rains, and then this recent big one! Everything is happy today.
Best of luck with your new landscaping!

70-camaro

Veteran Member
Mar 25, 2010
marietta ohio
Here in Firestone for a few weeks visiting our son and his fiancée. Warm but not as humid as Ohio. Going hiking somewhere called something cliffs in a few minutes.