Comfortable seats

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by Scott Sievers, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Scott Sievers

Scott Sievers Veteran Member

A googlesearch for "comfortable aftermarket seats" in many different variations results in NO RESULTS FOUND FOR "Comfortable aftermarket seats." Showing instead results for comfortable aftermarket seats...

racing seats
    racing seats
    racing seats
    racing seats
    how to install racing seats
    racing seats
    best racing seats for the money
    racing seats

etc, etc, etc...

i am going to go to the junk yard and see what they have... but, doing that will almost guranteethat i have to have them recovered.. so.. spending a couple hundred dollars on the seat, then four to five hundred (or more) on having them recovered to the color I need/want sort of makes it not worth buying USED seats...
    i am also not excited about spending 1200 dollars for a pair of seats... id just as soon spend 50 dollars on seats and put the rest into the engine and suspension... However, the first ride we took in my 80Z my wife was fighting the seat, trying to figure out how to get it to recline... until i told her it didn't recline... NOW, she will not go for a ride further than around the block with me... SO... I need to find seats that are comfortable AND recline... but all i find are STUPIDLY expensive seats when I can find anything BUT racing seats...
    I don't want racing seats, or seats even resembling racing seats..what I really want is the seats the car has, (original in great condition) that recline.
    Okay, I am willing to pay more than 50 dollars, but I still want something in the 500 dollar range? I still have to order the new rear springs, etc, etc, etc... so I just need somethign the wife can deal with when I drive the 1200 miles back and forth from her moms place to ours.

Honestly I might have to go with racing seats that recline... really strange that no one offers a decently priced replacement seat that is NOT a racing seat... If yall have any links, please let me know!

2. EVILFACE

EVILFACE Veteran Member

3. Scott Sievers

Scott Sievers Veteran Member

4. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

5. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Maybe look into a set of fourth gen seats, front and rear, something to match pretty close to the rest of the interior, pretty cheap. Lots of them around and still in decent shape.

6. Jeep43

Jeep43 Veteran Member

7. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The one's Pat posted look good and they're priced right. Might look into a set for mine.

8. bigbloc

bigbloc Veteran Member

9. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

I picked up a set of 4th seats, had intended to install them in my 73 but changed my mind, if you were closer I'd make you a great deal on them. Was planning to have them covered to match my factory rear seatss They would need to be covered to match but the seats themselves are in great shape.

10. Rick Figus

Rick Figus New Member