Complete front subframe bushing kit?

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by ghostrider78Z, May 13, 2011.

1. ghostrider78Z

ghostrider78Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I just got the front sub frame totally torn apart a-arms, spindles, everything.......getting it all sandblasted and trying to get everything rounded up.....I need all new bushings even the rubber bumpers....I was thinking poly urethane.....but a friend suggested they have Kevlar now!?....Anyone know any good web sites that sell a complete bushing kit for either kind?.....:bowtie:

Glad to be working on my car again and on the board here again...its been awhile.....I sorta lost motivation due to lack of funds

2. 77nomad

77nomad Veteran Member

You plan on getting shot in the sub frame?

3. 1972camaro

1972camaro Veteran Member

I have all energy suspension parts

4. ghostrider78Z

Is Energy Suspension polyurethane?....I am torn....Everyone I talk to insists they will squeak.....should I go back to rubber?

5. ghostrider78Z

Not that I plan on....but you never know....lol.....all new meaning for "bullet proof"...hahaha

6. kawboy

kawboy Veteran Member

Look up PTFB (Pro Touring F Body). They are a sponsor here and I will be using them for an upcoming build.

7. mech393

mech393 Veteran Member

i have the urethane bushings with graphite in the rubber and they squeak and the the ride is very stiff, if i ever replace these ill go back to the rubber ones. you feel ever bump in the road. if you are planning on having kids i wouldnt use them.

8. POS71RS

POS71RS Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Ok, again, polyurethane squeeks some in MOVING PARTS... but for subframe bushings, they are just cushions. There is no sliding or rotating between the frame and the body.
    For the record, I've had poly subframe bushings. And I have solid aluminums now. I noticed ZERO difference in cabin noise/comfort. I wouldn't use poly again in the subframe mounts, just because I'd rather it was ridgid.

PPS, I also have polyurethane suspension bushings. I have minimal or no squeeks; nothing I've EVER noticed while driving.

9. ghostrider78Z

Thanks for the replies....I always appreciate the info.....I have decided to go back to rubber bushings in the a-arms but polyurethane in the subframe...........thanks again!!

10. 79Cmaro

79Cmaro Veteran Member

I just did all of my bushings with energy performance polyurethane a few days ago and i love the ride, it doesn't squeek so far but thats probably because i added a ton of grease and every part that makes contact. Good luck with it. Takes forever if you dont have a lift like me loll