concealed vs. non-concealed wipers

67johnny

Veteran Member
Apr 14, 2016
vancouver
I think the arm that attaches to the wiper motor is specific as well.
Hopefully some of our more learned enthusiasts can chime in and confirm! :bowtie:

BillyDean7173

Final Six
May 21, 2014
Hutto, TX
I think the arm that attaches to the wiper motor is specific as well.
Correct. One is for hidden, one for non-hidden. Here's a thread I used to help me when converting the non-hidden wipers on my 73Z to hidden.

Also, I thought at one point there was a difference in arms that were stamped with a horizontal "Y" versus a vertical "Y". Here's a thread about that.

NOTE: Concealed, hidden, depressed are all terms for the same thing. The wipers tuck under the hood ledge so you can't see them. I don't know what term GM used but it's a PITA to have different ones. Perhaps someone can show some documentation on which term GM used. It's probably in my parts catalog or service manuals, but I can't look it up right now because I'm supposed to be working, lol.

EDIT: Oh, and "parked" may be another term. :rolleyes:

70lt1z28

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Oct 3, 1999
Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
NOTE: Concealed, hidden, depressed are all terms for the same thing. The wipers tuck under the hood ledge so you can't see them. I don't know what term GM used but it's a PITA to have different ones. Perhaps someone can show some documentation on which term GM used. It's probably in my parts catalog or service manuals, but I can't look it up right now because I'm supposed to be working, lol.

EDIT: Oh, and "parked" may be another term. :rolleyes:
From the GM Heritage center:
1657808363461.png

1657808293746.png

X means comes with the trim level as standard equipment. O means it comes included with that optional trim level. Concealed was also available as a stand-alone option RPO C24 for $19

Last edited: