Control arms and handling mods help

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by VandykeT/A, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

2. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

any particular reason why you say that? (I plan on buying them, just want to know what makes them better)

3. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Best bushings in the business with the Del-A-Lum technology. Beautifully made in Los Angeles.
    I've known Doug, for 20 years and he's always been on the cutting edge

4. roadrace2

roadrace2 Veteran Member

I have one of the first upper (and lower) tubular control arms from global west. I have been dealing with them since 1997. They are a true bolt on and go piece(s). The positive caster built in the upper arm, del-a-lum bushings, thick powder coating that is durable (been using them for 20+years - no peeling).

5. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I would agree the Global West arms are one of the 3 I would not hesitate to recommend. Hotchkis and DSE being the other two.

I’d buy the Summit Racing or Jegs brand name before I would buy PTFB, SPC or CPP

6. flht99b

flht99b Veteran Member Gold Member

I haven't used CPP nor SPC but I'm curious why you don't like PTFB. Have you used his UCA's and had a problem? Used any other PTFB products and had issues?

7. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

My spc arms have over 20,000 miles on them, and autocrossing. No problem. The upper arms don't carry load like the lowers, they don't need to be as beefy. but i guess they aren't the most expensive so they aren't good...

8. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Lol... I have those crappy SPC arms also. I'm wondering if they're causing the front seal to leak on my transmission?

75Maro, dcozzi and BonzoHansen like this.
  9. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Nothing wrong with them, they are just not the quality I would use on my own car nor recommend (not saying they are bad quality). I have owned a pair, and I have own and used many other. I don't trust SPC arms on my car...Thats just me.

So many positive reviews on SpeedTech,Detroit Speed, Hotchkis and Global West...That's what I would spend the money on.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  10. ErikNORCAL

ErikNORCAL Veteran Member

What is your wheel and tire combo? Saw some clearance problem comments about DSE and GW uppers with believe 18”. The most recent that comes to mind is C4Racers thread.