cooling lines 79 z th350

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by wood0691, Apr 9, 2011.

1. wood0691

wood0691 Veteran Member

where can i find the cooling lines fron the tranny to the radiator? (mine has been hacked up)cant seem to find them. do i need to just buy the tubing and fittings and make them myself.

2. mrvedit

mrvedit Veteran Member

I believe I have a spare set that I would be willing to send you for just shipping costs; IF I can find a long enough box to hold them. I will check today.

3. Or Summit sell a universal kit. Thats the way Im going.

4. warped

warped Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sitting in my command bunker waiting for the zombi
  5. mrvedit

mrvedit Veteran Member

I think there was a posting and picture on Nasty about someone who made 1ft long hard lines from the trans that ended in 5/16"(?) fittings. This way he could attach the short hard lines while the engine/trans was out of the car and later connect them to the trans cooler any way he liked.
    I remember years ago it took two of us just 2 hours to fully install a SBC and TH350 trans. Then it took 3 hours to hook up the trans cooling lines - had to remove the header and starter, etc. They are extremely difficult to install once the engine/trans are fully in. On my current setup I connected AN-6 teflon braided lines while the engine/trans was out. (Teflon because they are much smaller diameter.)

Perhaps onw could fabricate them from 5/16" hard fuel lines available at auto parts stores. Not sure if the connections would be right; you would also need a flaring tool and a tubing bender.

6. wood0691

wood0691 Veteran Member

oh man thanks, that would be perfect if you could do that for me if you can find them. ive got the motor out right now and would be the perfect time to get them replaced.

7. mrvedit

mrvedit Veteran Member

OK will do. I have lots of cardboard and will probably have to make my own box and may need to "straighten" them a bit to fit. I'll try to send them Monday by Fedex ground; I'll then know the shipping cost and you can send me a check. I'll guess $12. I'll PM you details.

8. wood0691

wood0691 Veteran Member

that sounds great. i'll wait on the P.M.