coronavirus COVID-19

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bourbon_scotch, Feb 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Big talk... I guarantee he's not volunteering to help his worn-out health care providers so that they can have a little of that FREE-DUMB!

Knuckle Dragger likes this.
  2. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Be sure to get enough Vitamin D! :)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3166406/

"It is now clear that vitamin D has important roles in addition to its classic effects on calcium and bone homeostasis. As the vitamin D receptor is expressed on immune cells (B cells, T cells and antigen presenting cells) and these immunologic cells are all are capable of synthesizing the active vitamin D metabolite, vitamin D has the capability of acting in an autocrine manner in a local immunologic milieu. Vitamin D can modulate the innate and adaptive immune responses. Deficiency in vitamin D is associated with increased autoimmunity as well as an increased susceptibility to infection. As immune cells in autoimmune diseases are responsive to the ameliorative effects of vitamin D, the beneficial effects of supplementing vitamin D deficient individuals with autoimmune disease may extend beyond the effects on bone and calcium homeostasis."

"The immune system defends the body from foreign, invading organisms, promoting protective immunity while maintaining tolerance to self. The implications of vitamin D deficiency on the immune system have become clearer in recent years and in the context of vitamin D deficiency, there appears to be an increased susceptibility to infection and a diathesis, in a genetically susceptible host to autoimmunity."

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/for...oronavirus-risk-may-be-reduced-with-vitamin-d

https://www.bmj.com/content/368/bmj.m810/rr-22

https://vitamindwiki.com/COVID-19+C...itamin_D_both_treats_and_prevents_Coronavirus

3. danbrennan

4. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nah. I guessed the states where citizens paid into Medicare would get the most funds. Most of NYC is cash...not many pays into Medicare.

This whole thing isn't fair. We drew a lot out of our 401 last year to buy stuff. We paid about 25% tax on it to the feds. We helped local businesses and some travel companies.

So this year we are rewarded with no stimulus checks and increased tax burden from the bailout. I really could GAS about who is getting this money.

5. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

No problem!

No one is going to stop you or your family from dying! Have at it.

6. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Now I don't want anyone to die, but for a young, healthy person being out and about, it's more about them spreading it and killing someone, rather than dying (or even getting sick) themselves. It's selfishness at its core (what about ME!!), I guess. All rights, no responsibilities.

dan- I thought I read a while ago that they think there may be a correlation to Vitamin D deficiency and MS, as well.

Knuckle Dragger likes this.
  7. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've been taking vitamin D3 and Calcium for quite along time

8. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

9. danbrennan

Would make sense, MS is another autoimmune disease. My wife has fibromyalgia and Sjrogren's, so her doctor tests her for Vitamin D when he sees her.

A friend of mine read through that paper about throat lozenges, and found several issues. Primarily that the paper was written by people invested in the company that makes those throat lozenges.

10. RMTZ28

RMTZ28 Veteran Member

We are trying to give them the benefit off the doubt. But best they dont push it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.