coronavirus COVID-19

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bourbon_scotch, Feb 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Seems this virus makes the red blood cells have a hard time absorbing O², and then it also clogs your lungs up so the red blood cells that are still good have a tough time being oxygenated. Sounds like it's engineered to kill.

1980RS likes this.
  2. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member

3. xten

xten Veteran Member

My ass has been bitten by this. Today it's in the form of gutter cleaning.

4. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

There is something my Son watched on youtube about deep breathing and how it keeps you from getting viruses. Not sure if it works but the idea is to take in more oxy.
    Here is who my son watched.

5. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

prob not good everyone is sitting around at home gaining extra weight

6. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

A long read, but rather interesting,

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...wn-viruses-from-sars-to-the-new-coronavirus1/

"Shi—a virologist who is often called China’s “bat woman” by her colleagues because of her virus-hunting expeditions in bat caves over the past 16 years—walked out of the conference she was attending in Shanghai and hopped on the next train back to Wuhan. “I wondered if [the municipal health authority] got it wrong,” she says. “I had never expected this kind of thing to happen in Wuhan, in central China.” Her studies had shown that the southern, subtropical areas of Guangdong, Guangxi and Yunnan have the greatest risk of coronaviruses jumping to humans from animals—particularly bats, a known reservoir for many viruses. If coronaviruses were the culprit, she remembers thinking, “could they have come from our lab?”"

"Samples from three horseshoe bat species contained antibodies against the SARS virus. “It was a turning point for the project,” Shi says. The researchers learned that the presence of the coronavirus in bats was ephemeral and seasonal—but an antibody reaction could last from weeks to years. So the diagnostic kit offered a valuable pointer as to how to hunt down viral genomic sequences."

"The efforts paid off. The pathogen hunters discovered hundreds of bat-borne coronaviruses with incredible genetic diversity. “The majority of them are harmless,” Shi says. But dozens belong to the same group as SARS. They can infect human lung cells in a petri dish, cause SARS-like diseases in mice, and evade vaccines and drugs that work against SARS."

"In pooou Cave—where painstaking scrutiny has yielded a natural genetic library of bat viruses—the team discovered a coronavirus strain in 2013 that came from horseshoe bats and had a genomic sequence that was 97 percent identical to the one found in civets in Guangdong. The finding concluded a decade-long search for the natural reservoir of the SARS coronavirus."

"Shi instructed her team to repeat the tests and, at the same time, sent the samples to another laboratory to sequence the full viral genomes. Meanwhile she frantically went through her own laboratory’s records from the past few years to check for any mishandling of experimental materials, especially during disposal. Shi breathed a sigh of relief when the results came back: none of the sequences matched those of the viruses her team had sampled from bat caves. “That really took a load off my mind,” she says. “I had not slept a wink for days.”"

BillyDean7173 and GoldenOne7710 like this.
  7. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

sal70ss likes this.
  8. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Iron helps your red blood cells attract and retain O². Maybe there is a connection between having an iron deficiency and getting this crap?

9. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Veteran Member

muscl car and kenny77 like this.
  10. kenny77

kenny77 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Me too....I ordered some stuff way back in the middle of March. They seemed to have taken my money, now on the website all I see is " Will ship orders when situation improves" I'm about to call my CC company.and have them back charge the order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.