coronavirus COVID-19

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bourbon_scotch, Feb 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

sal70ss and gramps like this.
  2. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

We should ask that these dumbasses waive any and all rights to health care related to COVID.

3. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

3D1DDB65-A015-4F3B-93B3-0BE1BE4205CE.jpeg

1972_Z-28, La.Z8, gramps and 4 others like this.
  4. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

You got the right sir. Sh$t it gonna hit the fan soon, if the shutdown goes on much longer. Some politicians think they just gonna ignore the construction, under the illusion of FEAR of DEATH, the scary evil killer virus. You must stay HOME, you can’t go to Work, you can’t even assemble for a funeral, you can’t go to the beach, you must wear a mask, you must do the social distance , the drones above your house announcing over the loud speakers to break up, and so on and on

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  5. Camarolina

Camarolina Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Rights to health care?
    A waiver is the voluntary relinquishment or surrender of some known right or privilege. What right do you speak of? Can you site the law that this "right" exist?
    The 1st amendment. Now there is a right.

gramps and RMTZ28 like this.
  6. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

"I have posted data before showing deaths from this virus are no worse than other pandemics before."

HIV: 32 Million killed (37 more Million still infected)
    Swine FLU infected 60 Million and killed 12K
    Spanish Flu infected 500 Million and killed 50 Million
    Black Death 75-200 Million killed
    Seasonal FLU 1 BILLION infected and ~500K killed
    H1N1 FLU 1.6 BILLION infected and ~285K killed
    CCP Virus 3.3 Million infected and killed 237K. (And just how accurate are those numbers?)

I'll keep saying it. You can quote Swine FLU if you want to.

7. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html
    We've exceeded the full season deaths for all recent flus in just 5 weeks. H1N1 stats were over an 18-month period. And it's curious how ALL the other numbers are to be believed, but the COVID numbers can't be. I smell a hint of confirmation bias.

I see rights is a loaded word for you (but responsibilities decidedly less so).

I simply mean this- have them turn their names in to their health care providers as waiving their coverage in the event of a COVID illness. After all, it's no big deal, they can cough it out at home with no assistance. Surely such a self-reliant rights-focused person would not infringe their deliberately-caught illness on another rights-bearing American, now would they?

8. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm done with you. You cannot possibly have any statistical relevance in an outbreak that's less than 6 months old AND have health care workers that cannot decide if it's a .01 or .02 death for the certificate.

In the measly time this horrendously minuscule virus has reared its little head, 64,000 pneumonia deaths have happened and almost a quarter MILLION deaths from all causes have happened in the US. But you go on and spout; you seem aptly suited for it. And I smell a hint of something from you as well but I don't think it is bias.

Open the ****ing country!

9. La.Z8

La.Z8 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Well....my turn to throw my meaningless $.02 in the pot! I`m not a Goldfish, you know the one where the owner, here in this discussion is the Gov: mostly the states, owner gives you food, home, light, dark, everything you need to survive. I want to live my life as I chose. I want less Government in my life. The Government tends to screw up everything except the Military. I`ve faced many life & death situations and by the Grace of God I`m still here. Just my thoughts folks. But all is good at least we can come to this forum and vent. Peace all Dale

gramps likes this.
  10. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Responsibilities includes making efforts to not infect others, however it also does not include ruining lives, losing your house, losing your job, or Giving up on all you’ve worked for and suckling at the governmental tit.

HUGE difference between living in fear/hiding(the way it is now) and taking a few precautions and going about your business taking care of your family and living life.

Happy_Dan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.