coronavirus COVID-19

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bourbon_scotch, Feb 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

I totally agree gramps

kenny77 likes this.
  2. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

There are some good points on both sides of this discussion, but this isn't one of them.
    First of all, taking reasonable precautions while not staying locked up in your house is NOT deliberately catching it.
    Second of all, I have been paying for health care my entire life. It's not like someone is giving me anything. If I have a heart attack because I smoke shoudl I be denied because I deliberately ruined my heart? There are a lot more cases of that than there are this virus.

I am not saying we should not be diligent. We need to take care of those at higher risk especially, but the price of ruining everyone elses life is big one.
    Also, I can see the government using this to impose more rules on us. That is not the American way. People are giving up rights right now and that scares me. It reminds me of the anti gun group. They whittle away at small things and over time, you have given up everything. I hope this never happens in our country.

Just my humble two cents and it is nice to see we can debate it here.

bigbloc, kenny77, muscl car and 4 others like this.
  3. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Finally :D

[​IMG]

Da-bigguy, La.Z8, BonzoHansen and 4 others like this.
  4. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

[​IMG]

Da-bigguy, muscl car and FlaJunkie like this.
  5. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

THIS.
    IS.
    ALSO.
    NOT.
    TRUE.

US averages ~57k flu & pneumonia deaths per year for the past 20 years, but THIS YEAR, there's already been 64000 "pneumonia" deaths in 5 weeks? C'mon man...

You're not done with me, you're done with reality. Why don't you help us get open by lending Glenn a hand? Lead from the front! Let's go!

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    frankz likes this.
  6. Todd80Z28

These clowns in crowds are taking almost no precautions, that was my point. That's far different than you're suggesting here- which I agree with and am actually practicing in my day-to-day. I'm going to work, and the grocery, and occasionally Lowe's, etc... I'm wearing a mask where I'm required, and in some places I'm not just not to freak other people out.

On this point of self-reliance- if one simultaneously wants less government and also can't muddle through a couple months of unemployment at the same time, that's doing it wrong, IMO. What I'm reading here is more "rules for thee but not for me." I'm not speaking of you directly Dan, just in general.

I try to follow two basic philosophies in my life with varying success-
    1. Lead from the front. Don't ask others to do what you wouldn't do yourself.
    2. Be decent. Basic empathy.
    So when I'm making my points, this is where I'm coming from.

Happy_Dan and frankz like this.
  7. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

You really need to find good data sources from which to spew...

Screen Shot 05-02-20 at 09.56 AM.PNG
    NCHS

8. Camarolina

Camarolina Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Happy-Dan beat me to it.
    Healthcare is not a right it is a commodity. My family pays over $200 a week for health insurance. Anyone of mine who needs medical attention will get it. The hospitals around here have very few patients of any kind.

Rights are enumerated in the Constitution and I know just because you have the right to does not mean you should.
    I personally am not at the point of protesting at my state capital, yet.
    The vast amount of folks that get this virus never go to a hospital and a good percentage never know they have it. Taking precautions no to spread if you are asymptomatic after you leave the protest is more important. Most people seem to get infected in their homes by a family member not by a stranger.

I personally am not worried even a little bit. I am under 50 with no underlying conditions. In early February I had a full work up by my doctor.
    Lets just say when a horse comes back from the vet with a good check-up. They say he's as healthy as me. -Red Forman
    My only worry is possibly becoming asymptomatic and giving it to someone in the high risk category. And that's the rub right there. High risk individual should not engage or police protests and those who do need to keep their own house in order. Like I said, reportedly the majority of infections happen at home from a family member.

9. Todd80Z28

Look harder at the data you provided. You'll see it- you were a rocket scientist, no?

10. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

See when the government FORCES you to be unemployed, it is NOT “muddling through a couple months” of unemployment. Normally I’d agree that you should have the ability to run at least a couple months - BUT we aren’t talking about your company went belly up, moved to China, tornado ripped through town, hurricane, etc. The overreach of the gov TAKING AWAY your livelihood is NOT the same, and NOT right. It was a knee jerk reaction - and the numbers are showing that it was the wrong action, and an action with horrendous consequences that will be paid for for decades.

(Any surprise here when unemployment rates were getting to be all time lows when they started this bs?? But that’s another topic...)

La.Z8 and kenny77 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.