coronavirus COVID-19

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bourbon_scotch, Feb 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

Friends work has laid out areas of the plant with tape lines,each having their own outside enterance,10 "zones "in all each with a maintenance person assigned-although its gonna stink if your area has a HVAC problem and theirs a carpenter assigned to your area :( Wifeys work is not allowing the 15 people who called in -even for day care reasons yesterday for 14 days.She has to "monitor" what people she has for coughs/sniffles etc and report to HR-Yikes.
    What concerns me is the transportation industry/truckers/trains material handlers affected by product criss-crossing the country so I can see a real risk of spread that way, IF this lives up to the hype.
    Co-workers wife shops at Costco [never been there] regularly, stopped last night,all was civil,no line outside,but was met at door with person handing out packages of charmin-she said no we have enough,was asked are you sure?? it seemed no-one refused the offering of TP SHEEEH.
    I have a regular DR apt the 30th and need labs next week,I'm starting to entertain calling the DR and asking if its worth the exposure especially at those germ factories -Am I falling for it?? Opinions? Later Steve!!

2. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

She's been living with a grumpy bastard so long she was ready. I guess she told him he was being silly and needed to calm down, grow up.

dcozzi likes this.
  3. Knuckle Dragger

IMO, it depends on your demographic. If you are one of the high risk people then by all means you should be more careful.

Smokey15 likes this.
  4. CitrusZ28

CitrusZ28 Veteran Member

The problem is, infectious diseases don't recognize borders, doors, barriers or sneeze guards. You can't avoid them by playing "tough guy", the virus will not be intimidated by posturing, threats, or foul language. They will do what they have done for the beginning of time, search for a host and infect that host. Do you really want to take the chance of being a Typhoid Mary just so you can have that nice dinner out? Believe me, I enjoy going out once a week, it is about the only thing I have to look forward to every week (Except for seeing my Grand Daughter every Saturday), but it is an adjustment I and everyone else is going to have make.

muscl car and 76z28 like this.
  5. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

This whole virus deal is blown way out of proportion IMO. Just a week now and here we go, crash the economy. I noticed today you cannot buy any 1oz. of silver or gold anywhere, just tried. I can see what the govt. is trying to do and help out but people themselves are their own worst enemy. What did FDR say? "we have nothing to fear but fear itself".

6. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Last year I had something that made me cough a lot and prevented me from getting enough air in my lungs to to breath well. I went to the Dr. Hooked me up to the O2 thing and did an EKG as well. No fever but my O2 level was below what she said was normal and wanted to admit me to the ER. I did not want to go B/C I felt kinda normal. They gave me an antibiotic and sent me home. I did the routine and was getting better. Then I started going back to the same thing. I went back to the DR. They had no Idea what it was. I asked for a chest X-ray but they said my Lungs did not sound like they were congested. Thought it was not necessary. She gave me a Z-pack and said if this doesn't work I need to go to the ER. Well That stuff worked. IDK what the heck I had. My brother told me he had to call 911 to take him to the hospital for something similar. He had to be in the prone position to even breath. Survival mode. No clue as to what it was? The only thing is he said it happened after a Visit down here in Florida. Christmas and New year. Same with me. Only we never called each other to talk so I found out this last Visit for the same Holidays. No one else got sick like that in my house.

7. Knuckle Dragger

I get where you're coming from. I see both sides of the issue and I'm looking at it from a perspective where I'm covered if they shut my facility down for a couple of weeks. I can't imagine the stress and hardship for those not in my situation. I'm worried enough about possibly loosing my wife's income, I'd be beside myself if I had to worry about losing both. They gotta slow the spread down to maintain a position to give those at risk the care they'll need.

muscl car and gramps like this.
  8. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

So which is it? If infectious diseases don’t recognize borders, doors or other (your words) then what point is it hiding - it will find you eventually. Nobody said to be a tough guy - if sick stay home. Same rules apply for pretty much anything more than the sniffles. But to run and hide and Stop living your life is IMO asinine. Only topped by people panicking and fighting amounts each other for the last roll of toilet paper or canned corn.

La.Z8 likes this.
  9. CitrusZ28

CitrusZ28 Veteran Member

Why push your (and everyone elses) luck, just to be selfish and irresponsible?

10. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Psychopathy Red

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.