coronavirus COVID-19

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bourbon_scotch, Feb 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I just know through inside sources they were seriously considering it. Now we have over 104 confirmed cases. I think it just needs to burn out like the flu always does. China took 3 months but is now seeing no more new cases, according to different sources of course.
    I do not think any source is reliable for anything on this subject.

I probably have it right now. Been sick for a week and my lungs are tight. My girlfriend and kid are sick too. I am going to ride it out at home. We have plenty of food and an RO system for water (Holy crap, you can get drinkable water at home, who knew?)
    Doctors do not want you to come in to get tested unless you need more intensive treatment for breathing issues. This whole thing is a load of horses#!t.

2. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

I did score some TP the other day. I am good to ride this out at home.

3. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Here at work we have an office in shanghai. They got quarantined for a while late last year. But we got them all the ability to work at home and we didn't lose any employees. Many of them are now back in the office working. Just to share since 2nd hand info. Watching what my coworkers in China experienced is what I'm using as a guide of what to expect here.

4. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

If you can manage yourself, best to stay home. I don't want to go anywhere near the local hospital right now if I can avoid it.
    Do you have a fever?

5. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

The cases are coming up for sure. I haven't been out of the house for going on 5 days so I'm not sure if people are taking it seriously or not. That airport worker hit home, similar age and health issues as me so I'm going to stay right here. I get a chest cold two or three times a year and it always effects my breathing so I'm leaning a little heavier into precautions. The wife and son are both home and they don't leave either. My oldest is in the Navy so I hopefully if anything happens there they'll take care of him. He had a cold but it went away quickly. The first AZ fatality worked at the airport with my buddy's aunt so they're all stressed now.

Watch for fever and catch any breathing discomfort early Dave. I'm with Lowend the hospital is the last place I'd want to be but if breathing issue start you gotta go and catch this poo early.

6. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

Unfortunately I get sinus infections this time of the year almost every year and I can feel one starting. Constant clogged nose, pressure above my eyes, and headache.
    People at work are going to think I have the Kung Flu.

GoldenOne7710 likes this.
  7. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

That's exactly how mine started. I thought it was another sinus infection. I get a couple each year and I had been in a house exposed to lots of dust and dog hair. Looks like it was something worse.

8. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I have been wheezing since I was a kid. Allergy induced Asthma. No shortness of breath yet, and that is how you know you are in trouble. When the alveoli get clogged and you cannot process oxygen efficiently.

9. gammamaniac

gammamaniac Member

Loss of sense of smell and/or taste is apparently also a symptom.

10. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

No fever but dry cough for the last few days and heavy lungs. No fluid or phlegm. I am self-quarantined and ready to ride it out.
    One thing I have really noticed is, now that I do not work out on a regular basis, all things seem to be more difficult. A good reason to keep ahead of the rest of the world in the fitness aspect of life. You always get out what you put in.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.