Corvette regulator - fuel filter puch on fittings

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by 1934chevycoupe, Aug 11, 2021.

1. 1934chevycoupe

1934chevycoupe Veteran Member

I couldn't find a thread on this, so, is there a trick to getting the push on EFI fittings to AN onto the corvette regulator / fuel filter? I have Russel 640863 for the return, 640853 for the supply in & 640940 for the supply out. I pushed as hard as i could, and even put a little teflon spray on , and nothing. they can't be that hard.

2. 1934chevycoupe

ok, lubed the inside of the fittings, and they both slid on. now, the male one that goes to the out to fuel rail comes w/ plastic retainers like the female ones already had installed in them. i'm guessing i slide one of those on before i slide it into the body of the regulator-filter?

3. 1934chevycoupe

still not sure about the last male fitting. you'd think w/ the supplied plastic pieces included, one must go in before sliding it on, but it doesn't look like there's room in there for it. anyone have experience w/ one of these fittings? it's the Russel 640940

4. streak

streak Member

5. 1934chevycoupe

ok, i see the difference between what i have and these. doesn't seem like they make one for the 6AN to 3/8 male quick disconnect.

what problems did you have w/ the ones w/ the plastic insert?

6. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Post a picture of what you have so we can see

7. streak

streak Member

Personally I've had inconsistent fitment. Also the plastic is known to be more brittle or go bad over time compared to the type used with factory corvette/GTO/camaro lines. It can lead to it braking and the fitting coming off. Suddenly you have fuel pumping into a hot engine bay or onto a hot exhaust and then there's a fire. It doesn't happen a lot but enough that I will only ever use the type that are mechanically secured and can't back off without wrenching or use factory lines.

1934chevycoupe likes this.
  8. 1934chevycoupe

makes sense. i don't see anything on the Russel site for the female end - supply line out to engine. is this earls part what i'd need? https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-at991965erl

9. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I can’t follow the descriptions here…Russell has all the fittings you need for the vette filter. Anything more force then normal pushing it on, indicates something ain’t right.

10. streak

streak Member