Corvette regulator - fuel filter puch on fittings

streak

Apr 27, 2021
That Earls one is good too because it's mechanically secured but $45 for a fitting...hell no.

1934chevycoupe

Veteran Member
Mar 12, 2013
Harleysville, Pa
here's a pic of the vette regulator-filter fittings i have. on the left is the supply out male. on the right is the supply in, return and fuel rail. i'm changing those out for the safer Russel 644113 like above. however i don't see the same type as 644113, for the male supply out side.

on another note, i was going to install the regulator-filter on the frame rail above the rear diff., until i read this article.

Attachments

• image 4.jpeg
    image 4.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 43

1934chevycoupe

Veteran Member
Mar 12, 2013
Harleysville, Pa
screwed that up. left off half my post.

https://www.onallcylinders.com/2017...ate-fuel-pressure-regulators-near-the-engine/

now i'm rethinking installing it up by the firewall or inner fender. anyone have any issues w/ the way i was going to install it. switching to an inline filter and separate regulator gets pricey. the only other thing i can see is the vetter filter is 5 microns, where all the inline are 10 or higher. i could see where that might clog sooner. any thoughts?
image 4.jpeg

mrfleet12

Veteran Member
Aug 8, 2014
West of Chicago IL
Interesting article and I understand the logic.
On my 73 with an LS2 I ran the Corvette filter mounted above the axle. Went over 9500 miles in just over 2 summers with no issue.

screwed that up. left off half my post.

https://www.onallcylinders.com/2017...ate-fuel-pressure-regulators-near-the-engine/

now i'm rethinking installing it up by the firewall or inner fender. anyone have any issues w/ the way i was going to install it. switching to an inline filter and separate regulator gets pricey. the only other thing i can see is the vetter filter is 5 microns, where all the inline are 10 or higher. i could see where that might clog sooner. any thoughts? View attachment 125294

1934chevycoupe

Veteran Member
Mar 12, 2013
Harleysville, Pa
called Russel Tech and asked about their 640940 male to 6AN fitting. mine came w/ 3 of those plastic retainers like the female fittings have. looking at the vette regulator-filter, didn't look like it needed the retainers. he said they were for other applications. case solved

image 4.jpeg

1934chevycoupe

Veteran Member
Mar 12, 2013
Harleysville, Pa
^^^ I suggest no! You need metal locking collar.
i havnt seen any other male to 6AN fittings like the female Russel 644123 w/ a threaded metal retainer. can you point me to one? i know someone else said Earls makes one, but all i see is this same fitting.

isn't the metal tabs inside the vette regulator-filter enough to retain it?
image 5.jpeg
image 6.jpeg

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
Yeah, the male to -6 is fine, your female fitting needs the metal collar. Those plastic ones are prone to allowing the fitting to come off.

Knuckle Dragger

Mayor of Simpleton
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 2, 2002
Waddell AZ
i havnt seen any other male to 6AN fittings like the female Russel 644123 w/ a threaded metal retainer. can you point me to one? i know someone else said Earls makes one, but all i see is this same fitting.

isn't the metal tabs inside the vette regulator-filter enough to retain it? View attachment 125395 View attachment 125396

Yeah, you're fine. You'll need a release tool to get the line off to change the filter. Very common with OE stuff.

Yeah, the male to -6 is fine, your female fitting needs the metal collar. Those plastic ones are prone to allowing the fitting to come off.

OE uses them all the time, I have never seen one fail, ever. I've seen the o-ring leak on 20+ year old car but never seen the retainer fail and allow the line to "come off"

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
Yeah, you're fine. You'll need a release tool to get the line off to change the filter. Very common with OE stuff.

OE uses them all the time, I have never seen one fail, ever. I've seen the o-ring leak on 20+ year old car but never seen the retainer fail and allow the line to "come off"

Probably not the plastic OE with Nylon fuel fittings, but these retro fit metal connectors with the plastic lock has been seen to fail. Not sure if its human error or what, but I assume since there is a metal threaded sleeve on the newer ones, must say something?

Russell Performance 644113 Russell Push-On EFI Fittings | Summit Racing

Latest posts