Cost of shipping non running car/truck across country

younda

Veteran Member
Jun 26, 2015
MA USA
Non running 1970s era F250 from southern CA to New England. I’m thinking a non running vehicle would be hard and costly to ship by don’t even know where to look for a cost estimate.

PalmbchZ28

Veteran Member
Jan 29, 2017
N Georgia Mountains
I tried for weeks to find somebody to take my 70 Monte Carlo that was on a rotisserie and could not find anyone. I ended up buying a 20-foot trailer and pulling it myself.

Attachments

• IMG_20220114_110839408_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220114_110839408_HDR.jpg
    476 KB · Views: 28

Da-bigguy

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 19, 2010
Cypress, TX
I had my 71 Camaro trucked from California to Houston with no motor or transmission in it. I can't remember who I used but I did it through a website I found by googling automobile transporters and got several quotes for it.

budro6968

Veteran Member
Apr 2, 2016
Jax Florida
Non running 1970s era F250 from southern CA to New England. I’m thinking a non running vehicle would be hard and costly to ship by don’t even know where to look for a cost estimate.
https://godspeedtransport.com/ Michael Pederson I used this company in 2015. They were hired as a clean up B/C my 1st Company Ultra Auto transport was a joke. Godspeed is a broker so it is what it is. They hired an independent small time guy but got the job done. My driver was John Zacco. Good luck.

aviator2007

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2020
Denver
Shipping cars is a strange world! I think most Google searches bring you to brokers. When I tried to go direct to a name brand carrier almost all of them said no to shipping to Denver in October. They were worried about snow and “no one wanting to go that far north out of their way”. I ended up doing it myself. I did get my Camaro shipped from SoCal to Ok in the summer through a broker and it was a positive experience. Best of luck.

budro6968

Veteran Member
Apr 2, 2016
Jax Florida
Shipping cars is a strange world! I think most Google searches bring you to brokers. When I tried to go direct to a name brand carrier almost all of them said no to shipping to Denver in October. They were worried about snow and “no one wanting to go that far north out of their way”. I ended up doing it myself. I did get my Camaro shipped from SoCal to Ok in the summer through a broker and it was a positive experience. Best of luck.
That snow thing is a reality. I was driving trough Colorado when it started snowing huge clumps of snowflakes. The road was covered in a short period of time. I pulled over at a motel. The next day it was sunny and a foot of snow. I was cruising a 75 Chevy suburban with semi bald snow tires. No chains and no clue. The roads required chains. I was not prepared. Some guy said I was crazy B/C I continued down the mountain. I gave it the juice part way down to make it up the next rise. Made it from Pittsburgh to California no real problems. I-70 till Utah. Hell of a trip.