Covid 19 Business Casualties...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by cali cruzer, May 20, 2020.

1. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

pier one was closing stores before this too.

But B&M ain't dead regardless of what the media says. Just old B&M that didn't adapt. And the lines between the 2 are getting blurry, see walmart and target

2020-05-21_15-44-21.jpg

2. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Interestingly, I know of a few musical instrument shops that are absolutely booming right now. People have spare time and are buying guitars and such.

RE: GameStop, I actually heard a news report earlier talking about how GameStop is actually having a renaissance right now. They credit the Nintendo Switch, and people digging out older gaming systems while stuck at home that can't do downloads. It must be their online business that's seeing the benefits

3. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

... and the place I've been getting my hair cut for years just announced they will not reopen....

4. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Victoria's Secret is closing a bunch of stores. Probably won't be around much longer. Might have more to do with the fat women epidemic that the virus deal. The billionaire that basically owned the company had it sold but that fell though when the lock down was announced.

5. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Hey now, fat women have secrets too. Might have to look in the creases and under the folds though....

6. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

My barber opened up Monday, with restrictions. When I got my hair cut Saturday, I took a number and sat in my car until they came and got me. When he was cutting my hair, I asked what it was like Monday and he said it was a silver flood. All the old retired guys coming in.

7. cali cruzer

cali cruzer Veteran Member

8. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

I've lived this for the last 10 plus years, a company that has been around for over 150 years and the leader in their industry, looking more at cost cutting than growth, living on revolving credit. Our stocks tanked a few years ago and have been recovered, not a sustainable model.
    I just need about 8 more years

9. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Golden Corral is closing some of it's stores including one around here.

10. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have lost all interest in eating at Golden Corral. Once upon a time they had a pretty good deal going, but they kept raising the prices to the point where I could go to a specialty steak house and get better food and feed the family cheaper. It wasn't that the one here in town was nasty or messy, because the help did a great job in my opinion keeping the food bar clean and kept fresh food out....it was just the prices.

La.Z8 likes this.