Covid 19 Business Casualties...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by cali cruzer, May 20, 2020.

1. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

^^^^ THIS, around here lunch was $12.99 without a drink--Its not that good I walked out never came back-I could only imagine what dinner was,at least at China King the drink is included ;) Later Steve!!

2. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

It was $19.99/person + drinks at $2.99/each when I walked out to never return....over $100 after tax and tips for 4 people, no thanks

3. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

buffets in general are probably in a lot of trouble over all this.

La.Z8 likes this.
  4. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

I have a ton of co-workers+friends who are DYING for their Chinese buffet fix,bet they would pay $20+ bucks a seat for it-Must need to fill that MSG void made by the lock down-HE HE HE! Later Steve!!

5. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

I think we're going to lose a few of the local watering holes in the small town in IL where I live. Sad, we have so few places to get out around here and we'll lose them because of this.. Not to mention the people the employ and tax rev generated for the town etc.

6. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Thanks to Dave for the pic: (good one!)

[​IMG]

7. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

There were a lot of freight companies who went belly up over this too. I know some small companies here who closed up shop. The bigger companies absorbed all the freight those small companies were hauling.

The company I worked for downsized a lot and I happened to be one of the casualties. I was out of work for a couple of weeks. Knowing the accounts I hauled fuel to were staying open, I knew another carrier would pick them up. As soon as I found out which carrier it was...I was on the phone with their recruiter.

They hired me so I'm hauling to the exact same accounts just in a different truck. Thing is...we are wide open right now. Seems like if the previous company would have been patient for a couple of weeks they would have been fine. I get that nobody could predict what was happening, but whatever.

Talked to a few other friends who drive trucks too. Everybody agrees that freight is booming overall.

Knuckle Dragger likes this.
  8. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

3CA76874-F3A4-411C-81B7-A38B33E16096.jpeg

9. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

10. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

There is a lot of shaking up in the freight industry. I get a bunch of links from the company to stay on top but I don't post them here because of time at work and internet issues with the site at home. What is happening with you is the margin calls. We've had loads on trucks in transit end up sitting undelivered because the carrier went belly up and fuel cards were shut off. Until another carrier can pick that trailer up, it sits. Your old company probably was stretched to the limit and when there was a burp, it shut them down.

If I ever get up and running at home, I'll post some of the logistics links I get from my company.