Covid 19 Business Casualties...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by cali cruzer, May 20, 2020.

1. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

+1 Most freight companies run on super-tight margins. I recall something along the lines of every $0.10 diesel fuel goes up in price will take out ~ 6% of the trucking companies.

2. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Several months ago I read predictions that 1/3 of the restaurants in Michigan won't reopen, but I have read about any specifically yet. I did read about a small music store closing permanently after 11 years. He was pretty mad about music stores being declared non-essential in Michigan, and thus forced to remain closed. Still no hair cuts in Michigan; my hair is longer than it has been in years. My wife said she would cut it, I might take her up on that.

3. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

4. La.Z8

La.Z8 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

So sad to see some Companies tanking. But as stated some were just hanging on by a thread. And the mom & pop restaurants and small business also taking the hits. On the other hand some will come out much stronger. Very glad that I don`t live in Michigan.

5. shanghai Kid

shanghai Kid Veteran Member

Eh go ahead, giver her a thrill--It'll grow back