COVID-19

Discussion in 'Arizona Region' started by dcozzi, Jul 2, 2020.

1. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Looks like a person at my work has it so, I am going to get tested today. Oh fun!

I did not not know that if you do the finger prick test it will only see the antibody so you do not know if you are infected or just had it before. The swab is the only way to know if you have it, or a blood draw.

Strange times.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  2. RMTZ28

RMTZ28 Veteran Member

Keep us in informed of your adventure.

3. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Psychopathy Red

I think a swab in the nose is how they test for it. Hoping your test is a big fat negative!

4. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

The nose swab was not as bad as some said. I was nice to the nurse so maybe she showed me some extra care.
    Always be nice to those taking care of you whether it is the people who make your food or the ones who administer medical care.

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  5. 1972_Z-28

1972_Z-28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Heard the swap can be rather uncomfortable for a few seconds.
    GL and keep us updated.

6. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

What did they say the turn around time for results would be/ Everyone I know said it took just shy of two weeks.

7. djorgensen3

djorgensen3 Veteran Member

Some places it is 24-48 hours. Others is 3-5 days. A coworker had to go get tested due to his niece that lives with him testing positive. Now his whole shift at work is on quarantine. There is a way to get tested for antibodies. You can go donate blood at Vitalant and they will automatically test you but it takes 12 days for that one.

8. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

It takes 3-5 days for the nose swab. I had it done a couple of weeks ago.

9. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

A coworker in a sister shop just got a positive result. He exposed two other mechanics and and our supervisor; one of those mechanics was filling in and went back to his assigned shop and exposed two more mechanics. The supervisor went back to the hub and exposed a minimum of seven more people at that shop and I have no idea how many folks he put at risk at downtown during all his weekly meetings. It would be poetic justice if the supervisor comes down with COVID after all the condescending lectures I got from him how this was "no big deal"

I got $10 that says the city won't notify half of the guys exposed. If it wasn't for the integrity of the few cops at my precinct that tested positive we would have never had any idea they could have exposed us, the city sure as hell never said anything. I'm convinced this is the stuff that's going to take me in for the dirt nap.

10. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I am doing this because of a co-worker that was sick and did not tell anyone. He got tested but kept coming in to work for 5 days until he got the news. What an assh__e!
    I did not have direct contact with him but, he was in the shop and we use the same bathrooms, warehouse tables, pens so, you never know. A lot of people do not like him right now.