COVID-19

Discussion in 'Arizona Region' started by dcozzi, Jul 2, 2020.

1. djorgensen3

djorgensen3 Veteran Member

My coworker did the same. His whole family was feeling sick and he kept coming in for 3 1/2 days. Rest of us at work were not happy with his irresponsibility.

2. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think there is a lot of that going on. Three people had direct contact with my buddy that tested positive, two mechanics and a supervisor. Maricopa and our HR decided that only one of them was "exposed" and let the other two come back to work without even testing. The supervisor had about an hour in a meeting with the guy that tested positive but both mechanics worked side by side for 5-6 days but only one was tested. WTF? With the supervisor roaming around from shop to shop and in meetings with his bosses I'm just assuming everyone is sick now. Hell I wouldn't know anyone had it except he texted me when he got the results.

3. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

My wife is a nurse, and they are sending half the nurses home right now because they are testing positive for the virus. I work at a hospital on the IT side, so I work from home 100%, I dont come into contact with anyone but my wife, but its a daily worry about whether she will bring it home . Most who get it are asymptomatic, but I believe there is a nasty strand of it out there that gets into peoples chests, causing the issues we are seeing. People dont realize what healthcare workers go through on a daily basis. My wife, has to wear an N95 all day, with a face shield. I can barley wear one working on my car for an hour! She has to scrub down each time she goes to the bathroom, then scrub down after going to the bathroom because of all the other dirty bastards who dont care. She goes to a secluded section of the hospital to each lunch, because the break rooms are hot spots for passing the virus. She gets severely dehydrated because shes wearing the protective equipment all day, and going constantly from the time she gets in till the 3-4 hours overtime she works a day. As they send nurses home who are positive for covid, her job just gets increasingly more difficult, more patients, and less nurses. Even though every one is trying to get back to normal, I get it, the irony is that if you are one of the small percentage of people who get really sick from the virus, this is not a good time to be admitted to a hospital.

4. f-body freak

f-body freak Veteran Member

^^^ yea my wife is a nurse also. She works 12hr shifts with all that same garb on. She's getting headaches all the time. Probably from the lack of oxygen she's getting with the mask on. Comes home with one almost every day she works, but doesn't get them on days off. They've had a few patients & workers test positive, but right now I think they have no cases

5. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Good news for me, no covage.
    Bad for another co-worker, he has it. My best guy.

BillyDean7173 and John Wright like this.
  6. xten

xten Veteran Member

Good, no covage Dave.