COVID infection survivors, question

PaRoadDawg

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 10, 2002
PA
So, My wife and I got the virus right before Christmas, 2020. We both stayed home while it ran its course, but unfortunately, I ended up in the hospital for 5 days before I was able to kick it.

It took a while for me to start feeling more like myself, probably a good 45 days. I'm still dealing with some fatigue, however. Anyone else have some lingering issues? Just out of curiosity more than anything.

carhead22000

oldblue
Sep 5, 2011
canada
there are tons of stories out there of the same thing. Fatigue, memory trouble, shortness of breath. I just don't think they know very much about this horrible disease.some people recover great and some do not.i heard stories of blood type can effect how hard it hits you.i hope you are feeling yourself soon. Good luck brother.

1972_Z-28

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 6, 2005
Sugar Land, Texas
I have had it twice 3/2020( long recovery, fatigue etc lasted about 2 months, bad flu like symptoms for the first 2 weeks)
2nd time 12/2020 only got tasted after all the family at gathering tested positive.( slight fever 99ish and dry cough for a few days otherwise I would have not even noticed)
Present day I get winded doing high intensity cardio for 10 minutes, practically grasping for air but not in a fearful way if that makes sense.
About the working out I started in July 2021 and still get winded with 10-15 minutes of cardio but able to lift weights without problems.
I am not overly fat need to lose about 15-20 lbs but not in great shape after abusing alcohol daily for 30+ yrs.
So not sure if the endurance breathing problems were directly related to Covid or poor living decisions over the decades.
Anyhow hope this helpful. It seems to affect everyone different. Wife tested positive and no symptoms or side effects.

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
Based on what I have seen, most of it is just how healthy you are. People at my work who have had it and recovered fine. Its the heavy set, underlying health issues that seem to have the continuing issues. Stay healthy while you can.

bfmgoalie

Veteran Member
Jun 14, 2008
Gansevoort, New York
Got it in December 2020. No problems. My health is not too good......Brain tumor, prostate cancer, carcinoma, kidney disease and more. The only thing that has bothered me were the vaccines. After the first, no problems. Got the second 3 weeks later. My arms really started to bother me, specifically the underside from my shoulders to my elbows. It lasted 7 months. Unfortunately, the pain has returned to my shoulders.

ssupercoolss

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
PA
I tested positive in april. sometime after i got my first shot. Very mild cold like symptoms. so mild, any other year i would have gone to work. there was an outbreak at work after one knucklehead came to work for three days with all of the symptoms. I was always pretty sure this was the guy that was going to be a problem with all of this, and i was correct. i avoided him at all cost, but we work in the same office. when all this went down, i actually tested negative, but 3 days after that is when i started feeling "off". so then i tested, and it was positive. Stayed with me for 2 days. The only thing that hung on that i noticed, is some weird like memory issues. talking to a friend, he had mentioned putting zinc in older engines, and i was like "what? zinc?" i looked at him like he was crazy. i had no idea what he was talking about. But, of course i do know about zinc in older engines, it just wasnt clicking in my brain. Another time my boss asked me if i had some type of tool, and again, i just couldnt understand what he was talking about. later on i was like, "oh, thats what he was talking about". It just wasnt there at the time. weird.

Fbird

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 12, 2011
atlanta, ga
had the 1 jab back in April....got covid in August. Didn't know it..really, was my typical every 4 yr summer cold!!! Stuffy head full of snot mild fever for 3 days, removed myself from EVERBODY, then Day 4 I finally was able to get a test... COVID +. No lingering issues MAYBE?? currently have sinus cough and SNOT...going on 3 weeks NOW. (but everybody around me is fighting the same thing...mother nature flipped the weather over and everybody is hacking and spitting)

dcozzi

Veteran Member
May 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Got it twice.

March 2020 - For 2 days I thought I may need to go to the hospital. No fever, still had taste and a dry cough that would not go away. No mucus, jut dry. I think my lung capacity went to about 80% and was tired for about a month.

October 2021 - Super tired for about 2 weeks, still had smell and taste but my mind was in a fog. I am still a little slow but have not forgot anything. No fever but that damned dry cough is still with me. Endurance is in the toilet and lung capacity is about 60%-70% of what I am used to.

I do not believe it has anything to do with how "healthy" you are. There are very fit, genetically gifted people that die from it. It just manifests itself differently in different people.

My girlfriend got the 2 shot vaccination. She got "COVID arm". It is a not serious but very uncomfortable condition where the injection site and surrounding tissue gets inflamed and hot to the touch. Hers was from shoulder to elbow and it blistered after a couple days before healing. She was dead tired for a day after each injection as well and had to take off work. Even though I do not want to get it again, I do not trust the vaccination and will not be getting it.

Lowend

Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca.
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 25, 1999
San Jose, CA, USA
I've not had the disease but know several who have (including my Mother in Law). I'm consistently hearing it takes a couple of months before your brain really switches back on completely. Nothing to do with health, I heard the same basic thing from an old lady and a friend in his early 30's who is a avid rock-climber (like 3x per week)

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
I believe what Lowend says. It doesn't have much to do with your health. Everybody's body reacts differently to something like Covid just like everybody reacts differently to the vaccine. That is nothing new. Every drug on the market has different effects on different people. There is just no way to put everybody into one category.

I haven't had Covid.
I had my first vaccination in Feb, my second one in March, and a third booster in October. I had no reaction to any of them. My Wife had her first two shots in the Spring. The first one went OK. The second one messed her up badly for a couple of days.