CPP C5 spindle question (CP30014)

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by jvle95, Jun 19, 2019.

1. jvle95

jvle95 Veteran Member

In the process of upgrading to a C5 set up on my 72. Original plan was to get Custom Works conversion kit (still may go that route) but I am also now considering the CPP spindle alone and sourcing the other items on my own. Price is approx. $150 more to go this route, not a big deal.

I can't seem to get a good answer if the CPP spindle changes the track width? When I called CPP the guy originally said yes but very little and then after checking he came back and said he miss spoke and there is no change.

When I looked at the spindles on Summit's page someone asked the same question in the Q&A section of the CP30014 spindle and the reply from CPP says it will decrease the width by 5/8".

Anyone have first hand knowledge on this. I tried searching but couldnt find a definitive answer. I have read that the C7 hub may slightly increase by 1/8" over the C5,6 hubs but that not a huge deal to me.

Thanks

2. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

If I'm thinking about this correctly, the track width changes due to the thickness of the slip on rotor. Been awhile since I put C5 brakes on my car so I may be a bit foggy on the details.

3. jvle95

jvle95 Veteran Member

I understand that the rotor thickness could cause a width increase or decrease. I guess another question would be if there is a rotor width to use to keep the track width the same as stock when using these spindles.

4. 79__Z28

79__Z28 Member

I have the c5 spindles and I didn’t notice a track width change but I also didn’t measure before hand so if it changed it’s very very little. I love the c5 hub style. Just don’t buy the hubs cpp sells they r junk I had to change both out after around 1000 miles.

5. jvle95

jvle95 Veteran Member

Thanks for the reply. My intention was to just buy the spindles and then source C7 hubs on my own. Sounds like I will give it a try.

6. 79__Z28

79__Z28 Member

Iv heard of others using c7 hubs also do u know what the difference is between the c5 and c7 hubs???

7. jvle95

jvle95 Veteran Member

From what I have read the C7 hubs do not have the speed sensor wires and they have a larger bearing. Both of those are pluses in my book. Price seems to be cheaper too.

8. Zulu28

Zulu28 Veteran Member

9. 79__Z28

79__Z28 Member

Well damn wish I would have known that last summer

10. 79__Z28

79__Z28 Member

Do any of you know if any calipers fit those spindles besides c5’s?