Cr-3000 rotisserie anybody using one looking for reviews

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by perkalator, Aug 30, 2016.

1. perkalator

perkalator Veteran Member

Well, it is on its way.

2. BARNFIND

BARNFIND Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

3. Slee

Slee New Member

The welds for the arms did not penetrate properly and was only held by maybe 5 or six spots. We had a classic el camino (completely stripped down for restoration) on this rotisserie and the weld failed. We had four guys around it at the time and they wrestled the car to a level and stable position but we could have lost the auto, or worse, a person as a result of this failure. I have photos, if you are interested, showing that the weld didn't penetrate over the majority of the surface. When I spoke with the manufacturing company about this all the CS rep wanted to talk about was how it was out of warranty. We had the equipment about a year but it was only in use a fraction of that time. I wasn't looking for a claim on the warranty when I called. I was looking to alert the company that the quality control on these rotisseries has issues and should be investigated. We will be reinforcing all the welds for this product and we have two of them. We will also be reinforcing the welds on the Auto lift we have from the same manufacturing company. Eagle manufacturing or Tuxedo distributor...Buyer Beware

4. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

What I built and copied.....................

. tn_Misc.10.25.09 039.jpg tn_Misc.10.25.09 040.jpg tn_UsedRentonTools 001.jpg tn_UsedRentonTools 002.jpg tn_UsedRentonTools 003.jpg tn_UsedRentonTools 006.jpg tn_UsedRentonTools 007.jpg tn_UsedRentonTools 008.jpg tn_UsedRentonTools 009.jpg tn_UsedRentonTools 010.jpg

5. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Chuck,

On yours do you ever have a problem with working on the rear taillight area? It looks awful close in to the rear panel. I've seen some that wrap under the rear pan and attach to the leaf spring mount area. Is your's capable of that? Maybe not a big deal except when painting and for that it may be on a cart anyway.

6. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

Dave, I changed my rear mounting point to the rear frame shackle area...
    LOOK at misc pics to see bushings and mounts etc..............

tn_UsedRentonTools 016.jpg tn_UsedRentonTools 017.jpg tn_UsedRentonTools 018.jpg tn_UsedRentonTools 021.jpg