Craigslist CCW class...yes or no?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by tlongwel, Jun 24, 2014.

1. B.M.

B.M. Veteran Member

Maybe they feel people there are more compitent,we have alot of idiots in our state haha.I actually like the way it is here though,the class covers basic gun safety,and covers the laws,that way you know for sure what is or isn't legal.Then when you get to the range part,you basically need to qualify more or less,you have to show that you follow all the safety precautions,and obviuosly that you can hit a target,so it makes ya feel a bit safer knowing that they are at least making a bit of effort to make sure someone who doesn't know what they are doing isn't walking around with a weapon(at least not legally anyway).

2. ctchap70

ctchap70 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yep they told me 120 business days and they used every one of them to the day! I just looked at mine. The expire date is 5 years after the issue date which is pretty much the date I received it in the mail.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  3. chevyJeff1

chevyJeff1 Veteran Member

Yup. Here's the online course I took....
    http://www.vaguntraining.com

$20.00, Cant beat it :cool:

4. hhott71

hhott71 R.I.P 11/19/18 Lifetime Gold Member

It's about $50 or so here too.
    The guy here can't be too smart, he thinks the $ sign goes after the amount....

5. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Agreed.

I told my wife, I believe if you need a license to operate a few thousand pounds of cage,
    you should be trained and licensed to carry a firearm. That's just me though. I'm sure
    there are people who feel they should be able to carry a weapon without any formal
    training and hope for the best.

To me, those are liabilities to those the rest of us keeping our rights.

6. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

In Indiana, the Personal Protection permit (concealed carry) used to be good for 4 years, I think. A few years ago, they made a lifetime permit available. As long as I live in the same place, my permit is good. It's about $75 for a 4 year but if I remembercorrectly, it was about $150 for lifetime.

In Indiana, you don't, or at least didn't when I first got my permit, have to take a class. You apply to the city or county police where you live. They do a check and then give it back to you to send to the State Police. They have the final say but usually will go along with the local cops.

Now, it's easy to get one. If you do something stoopid and a cop pulls your permit and weapon, you have to go to a judge to get it back. That is a lot harder as you've proved yourself not capable of safe firearm ownership. That's one reason I like it in Indiana. If you're a responsible adult, the state minds its own business. Get stupid and they get involved.