Craigslist

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ol' grouch, Jun 6, 2018.

1. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

One of the few web sites I visit fairly often is Craigslist. I just bought a truck off it and I've sold a lot of stuff there. Somebody has been flagging BMW's and mine was one of them. I suspect someone has one for sale and want to eliminate competition. I tried to post a new ad and got banned. I got a blank page saying my IP address was automatically banned. I can get on again but I have to wonder how scammer can repeatedly post but I've been there for years and get locked out

2. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

That sucks. I sell a lot on Craigslist . Never banned

3. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

Craigslist is dead

Facebook marketplace took it's place

I used to sell on CL, but WAY too many scams and idiots

FB is nice since I can see a buyers profile, and they can see mine

Buickfunnycar and jimrr like this.
  4. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The fact that your IP is banned sounds odd. - I am on Craigslist daily looking buying or selling something or other.

I do flag some of the posts from time to time, but my pet peeve is when I type in 1969 Nova and some clown out there has 200 keywords in the bottom of his ad with every car from AMC to Volkswagen including each year from 1958-2019 to sell his 2010 Prius. - Those I flag, but surely one guy with a BMW vengeance shouldn't be able to game the system that much.

It also bugs me that I see people repeatedly running a dozen identical ads, yet when I go to post 2 things that are barely even remotely similar, it won't let me create a duplicate listing.

--

5. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

Craigslist is all pot-tards selling/"trading" weed up here in Maine. Its a California company helping people buy/sell federally illegal drugs in Maine yet try to post a firearm for sale, which is federally and Maine state legal to do and it gets flagged....FU Craigslist

6. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Was that truck a Black 4x4 Chevy or GMC? It is in front of a big house and the guy claims to have had his students rebuild the truck as a project or something like that. I did not even respond B/C is sounded too good to be true. I have sold several cars on C/L. Got tons of the scams with in a few mins of listing. Then the ones that want to text to death. The I'll send a check and have my transporter come P/U but you can take the check to the bank and let it clear before I get the car, In fact I'll Pay 200 more than what your asking. The ones that say they are coming in 30 mins and never show. It is all part of the game.

7. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Yep. Chevy Silverado. Palm trees do NOT grow outside in Indiana.

Buickfunnycar likes this.
  8. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

I use CL a lot too. It has gotten worse as far as the no shows go. FB marketplace drives me nuts because people accidentally hit the I'm interested button when they didn't mean to and it is a pain in the butt.

9. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

They do the same on the Let Go app. I have several things for sale on there. People will hit the automated "Is it still for sale" or "I'm interested" buttons. You reply to it and they usually never respond again. Every now and then, you'll get an oops...my mistake reply.

10. Buickfunnycar

Buickfunnycar Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Lol :rolleyes: