crossrail extensions AMD - where do they go?

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by Crosby, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Crosby

Crosby 1973 Camaro RS Lifetime Gold Member

I have had most of the rear end sheet metal replaced on my 73 Camaro, and have the small AMD crossrail supports left, where do they go? I'm not doing this myself mind you, want to make sure everything is right where it should be

Thanks!

upload_2018-8-9_20-26-46.png

2. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

I think I made my own and I think they are attached to the crossrail and lower rear quarters maybe? Think I have pics in my build thread.

ROGER SWORD and Crosby like this.
  3. Crosby

Great build thread, amazing work! I found roughly where you mentioned it (pages 9 and 10) but no pics that I could find. It looks like you fabbed ends onto the 70-73 crossrail and attached the crossrail to the rear tail panel before (final) install on the car. We did the same to my car, and I'm not positive that's it's welded - I hope not. I believe they go in between the cross rail on the ends and the rear tail panel, tying all that structure together, so of course they are important. If we have to take it apart again, that's what we have to do. Anybody else got pics of their crossrail extensions being installed? Thanks so much for your time and support.

4. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

Jeff, there is another thread that I posted pictured in. Or you can go through my pictures (link in sig) and you will see the pictures from where I took my car apart. You can see the extensions and how they fit.

5. Crosby

Thanks Dante! I looked through the albums and didn't see it unfortunately... I'm pretty sure I know where it goes, on the ends of the crossrail before you put the taillight panel over it. Would be nice to see one being done, maybe I missed yours I'll look again tonight. Thanks!

6. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Crosby likes this.
  7. Crosby

Thanks Dante, did I miss these somehow in your build albums? These are on the outside of the crossrail before you put on the the tail panel (taillight/lower rear valence?), right? Looks like yours were a little rough. I think we've already welded the taillight panel to the crossrail, and will have to undo that... Thanks so much for your help!!

8. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

Yes, you missed them. LOL
    Yes, they are under the tail panel.
    Mine were junk, I bought the same ones you did (AMD). In fact, everything was junk. New floor, trunk, rails, dropoffs, outer wheel houses, quarters ........
    Hopefully in a few weeks mine will get put together.

Crosby likes this.