Crusin' The Coast

Discussion in 'Camaro Event Schedules & Locations' started by 69LM1, Oct 9, 2013.

1. 69LM1

69LM1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Anyone going this weekend?

Rich

2. HyPer

HyPer Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm already here, but not in the Camaro again, in the Opel. I actually thought I saw your boss in the parking lot of the hotel.

3. 69LM1

69LM1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nope.... Too much going on at work. Should be there in the am.

Two white boss302's? ;)

Rich

4. bygblok

bygblok Veteran Member

Been here two days now. Registration is close to 7000 cars last I saw. At least that many that just showed up! Sat in front of the mall most of today after a great drive to Bay St. Louis and Pass Christian for stamping of the card. TONS of great f-body cars. Saw some really nice 2nd gens. If you guys see my yellow turd shout at me. Will be back out midday tomorrow. Gotta drive back to Pensacola tonight to pick my wife up. Gonna have my cruisin' buddy with me.

5. HyPer

HyPer Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

On Thursday, the ocean springs news estimated(rough counts were done wednesday from ocean springs to long beach) 150,000 "cruisers"(cars, trucks, bikes etc) and still counting. Not sure how they counted them and differentiated between "cruisers" and local traffic, but that sure is a turnout, and the traffic jams sure say something for it.

6. 73z28454

73z28454 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That was the count including spectators... 7049 total registered though. That's a far cry from the 374 the first year......

7. Black2ndGenZ28

Black2ndGenZ28 Veteran Member

my "vacation" experience. i went down thursday after i got off work. drove fine till i got about 15 mins from the hotel. car dies. puffing smoke out of carb when you try to start it. had to advance timing to 16-18 degress at idle just to get it to limp to the hotel. spent 3 hours friday morning tuning. drives fine then dies and wont run. though it was bad gas or clogged fuel filter.. wrong. after checking and playing with a hundred different things its my MSD box and its screwed up my coil in my distributor. my buddy figured it out after spending ALL day tuning, trying, turning, testing, lol. spent around $80 to figure out it was only a $22 fix lol even with all that i still had a good time when i wasnt having panic attacks (lol) and saw some great cars. also the motel 6 i stayed at in ocean springs had the wonder ac unit with a nice smoothing squeaky belt noise that would just put u right to sleep ;)

8. bcc7771

bcc7771 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hey Rich you from NO or surronding area?