Custom Seats Mission Impossible?

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by Scott Sievers, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Scott Sievers

Scott Sievers Veteran Member

My wife hates the seats in the Z, they look like new, but they do not recline etc, so she wants me to replace them... SO I started looking for someplace that can give me a COMFORTABLE seat, in the colors I want, that reclines, etc... Firstly... look up Bucket seats, you get a plethora of RACING seats that are VERY uncomfortable after a couple hours of riding... I have found seats by Procar and others that LOOK good to me... But, they have no option to order them in the colors I want, which will be black and tan.. black outer edges and sides with the center in a similar tan or camel that is the original interior color... I called a place in texas, and he told me I was looking at 4 to 5 thousand dollars... for..... a 500 dollar seat??? I don't think so.. I'd even pay a grand each to get the seats I want, but I cannot seem to find anyone anywhere, who will work with me for a reasonable price... Closest upholstery place to my house is over an hour away. They want six to seven hundred, to RE upholster a seat like I want... Provided I could find seats I REALLY like in the junkyard.. but even a junkyard is over 30 miles away. Getting seriously frustrated SO I hopped in to see if you guys had any ideas of places I could order a custom seat from???

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Have you spoken to Corbeau? They (used to) do custom coverings
    https://corbeau.com/seats/reclining/
    Their "Sport Seats" are quite good for daily drivers and they offer car specific sliders than drop into the 2nd gen.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

You'll likely just have to find factory seats from a modern donor vehicle in the colors you're looking for and just get (or make) some custom seat brackets to bolt them in. It's been done by numerous members here.

KingofThings likes this.
  4. dave@ztech

[email protected] Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Check TMI

KingofThings likes this.
  5. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

I got my Nissan 370z seats from LKQ, $150. Car was totaled with 7k on the clock. Found them in Massachusetts. Shipped to Fl via LKQ transfer, $150. Recovered $500.

KingofThings likes this.
  6. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Solution and save money. Leave your Wife at home while you are out in the Camaro. I would say “that’s too bad cause I like them, you don’t have to come, stay at home.”. Whatever I do to my Camaro, it’s to please me. It’s my toy.

7. kenny77

kenny77 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm with COPO on this one. Get your Man Card out of her purse and leave it at the Toyota dealer, ... and go trade that old stupid Camaro in on a new Camry with those real comfortable wifey seats.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    KingofThings likes this.
  8. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Man, thats rough but I know what you are saying.

OP, find zome seats you like from a modern car and get them recovered. Probably your only option.

KingofThings likes this.
  9. Camaro Joe

Camaro Joe Member

I have Acure RSX seats in my car, you should be able to pickup a set for $100-200

Attached Files:

Zstar and KingofThings like this.
  10. ruthlessz28

ruthlessz28 Veteran Member

I got super lucky and got a pair of corbeau for a song, but was looking for a pair of 2013? Hyundai tiburon gt seats. very nice very comfy. and if I remember correctly cat skins would make or makes new covers the way I want

KingofThings likes this.