Custom Seats Mission Impossible?

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by Scott Sievers, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Jon balch

Jon balch Veteran Member Gold Member

I second the TMI seats. I installed them this year. very comfortable tmiseats.jpg

2. Revin

Revin Veteran Member

You tell the wife to help pick out seats. When she picks ask her cash or card ?

Example:
    Honey, I dont like how slow your car is.

Looking at motors.... I say..
    This one says its fast.
    And then she says looks pretty.
    Then with sad face, yea but I cant afford it..
    She then whips out HER CC,
    NOW I HAVE A PRETTY AND FAST MOTOR!!

play the game right.

Zstar and KingofThings like this.
  3. xten

xten Veteran Member

Scott, just curious if you looked at 4th gen seats. Mine are leather, power, and also have power lumbar and bolsters. I took them out of a 2002 SS convertible.

Attached Files:

KingofThings, BARNFIND and dcozzi like this.
  4. NeoNeuro

NeoNeuro Veteran Member

Those look great! I like how you can match the back seats to the front. That's always been an issue for me with custom front seats. The mismatch rubs against my OCD. LOL.
    Is that a 5th gen console?

Lowend and KingofThings like this.
  5. kenny77

kenny77 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

KingofThings likes this.
  6. Scott Sievers

Scott Sievers Veteran Member

Yeah the man card got trimmed 33 years ago when I married her.. but she does allow me to keep what is left of it.... The issue is, I WANT her to go with me, but she is uncomfortable, and SHE tyells me to just go without her. And I have, to cruises and car shows etc, etc... Some of them she drover her Slingshot or her truck to be with me, because she doesnt like riding in the Camaro... when you start getting old, you get particular about your comfort. When your back hurts ALL the time, it becomes important not to make it worse. I am NOT a fan of the racing seats. My son has them in his 89 firechicken. GOD they are miserable.. they look NICE in there, but not if you want to drive very far. Anyhow... THANK YOU for the input and the links. I guess the next step is going to be heading to the junk yard to look at seats, then find someone to reskin them... OH! Yeah, I did put her in charge of the Z28's interior.... When we got the car a couple years ago. And that was the end of that, so I am now taking over... the 434 is in, need to finish hooking it up if I EVER get the time. Then i will order the rear end and axles etc... after that? The interior stuff, and we will be ready to cruise

7. JUNKYARD AUTOCROSSER

JUNKYARD AUTOCROSSER Member

I have been using recaro seats in my car for 30+ years. very comfortable for long drives and holds you in place for autoxing, but they are heavy. also very durable.

8. jsheriff1

jsheriff1 New Member

F3CA88A5-C3DB-485E-BF2F-4A3B78A0464E.jpeg Has anyone ever tried third GEN or fourth GEN Camaro seats? I believe the newer ones look too tall, in my opinion. I was thinking about sourcing third or fourth GEN seats and have them reupholstered to match my factory rear originals. Here’s a picture of my ride for reference.

9. Ray Leonardo

Ray Leonardo 72 Z28 Sunset Orange

TMI makes a really sweet seat:
    upload_2020-11-20_12-47-23.png

10. kenny77

kenny77 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Just cracking on you a bit....It is kinda funny though
    I would say get as many pictures of the seats as you can find. This is a big deal to do to the looks of your car. And everyone knows what the stock Camaro seats looked like. that's why no way would I use any kind of racing style seat. I mean we're not racing , so why have a style seat where the seatbelts feed through the back?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020