Custom Subframe Connectors

Was looking at buying a set of subframe connectors for my 80z, but they all look way to flimsy and simple for the prices they sell for. Has anyone designed and built their own custom subframe connectors? Any tips for others trying to do the same? Or any reccommendations on where to buy some high quality ones?

HEAVYchev

Veteran Member
Feb 29, 2004
Angleton TX
As "cdble" said, look at the Suspension,Wheel and Brake catagory. At the top, left hand side of the page you'll see the following link.

Art Rasmussen 'home made' Sub Frame connector plans HERE !

These plans are pretty thorough and have been passed around on this site for a long time.
Thanks to the Admins for adding them to a hotlink.

pdq67

BANNED
Jul 26, 2001
Columbia, MO, USA
I thought the same thing about my S/F/C's for my First Gen. Camaro from Jegs, but they are FINE!!

Check the metal out under there and you will agree too..

I do recommend full poly at this time too for the S/F..

pdq67

BonzoHansen

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 1, 2005
Scott from Hamilton, NJ
HEAVYchev said:
As "cdble" said, look at the Suspension,Wheel and Brake catagory. At the top, left hand side of the page you'll see the following link.

Art Rasmussen 'home made' Sub Frame connector plans HERE !

These plans are pretty thorough and have been passed around on this site for a long time.
Thanks to the Admins for adding them to a hotlink.
Where did the link for this go?

BonzoHansen

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 1, 2005
Scott from Hamilton, NJ
Thanks Retorq. There was a good deal of interest in these over at Pro-Touring, especially after David Pozzi endorsed them. All props given in post. Thanks again.

Shawn

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 20, 1999
Graham, WA, USA
I used the Morrison plan from off this board a long time ago and it was great!

PC010049.jpg

Last edited:

Shawn

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 20, 1999
Graham, WA, USA
Side view and bolt view with solid bushing
PC010055.jpg

PC010058.jpg

And I don't know why the pictures are soooo big. They were done in a lower resolution. Is that the problem?

Last edited: