Damn Tire Rack, WTH?

Knuckle Dragger

Mayor of Simpleton
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 2, 2002
Waddell AZ
I ordered tires for the Blazer project yesterday morning around 9 and had them delivered about 11:30 today. That's crazy fast. I never buy tires from Tire Rack but the price was too good to pass up (wasn't going to get rubber until November), I guess they are on the list of places to look now.

danbrennan

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 13, 1999
Brighton, MI
I ordered a snow tire and wheel package for my Impala SS back in the late '90s, and had the same experience - showed up the next day. Back then that was quite a surprise to me.

berg2695

Veteran Member
Nov 13, 2011
I read that Tirerack was purchased by Discount Tire last year. I've also had good experiences with TR (and Discount).

Knuckle Dragger

Mayor of Simpleton
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 2, 2002
Waddell AZ
I read that Tirerack was purchased by Discount Tire last year. I've also had good experiences with TR (and Discount).
That's what the Discount tire guy was telling me when I asked if he can come close to the price. He couldn't get the rear tires though. Kind of weird. They will be mounting them for me.

I've had very good luck with TR

It's strange because they were priced very well for these tires but when I looked tires for my wife's Enclave they were $100 more per tire for the exact same tire. Not sure why.

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
I ordered 2 new tires for my beater car off of Amazon, f-ing things took 11 days to get here. I wonder what happened to 2 day shipping???

aviator2007

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2020
Denver
I’ve used Tire Rack numerous times over price and always got what I ordered on time. Years ago I stopped at a Discount Tire for a flat. They repaired it at no cost and I never bought anything from them and brought this to the reps attention. He said it’s free. I told him I’ll be back for my next set of tires. I’ve easily bought 5-6 sets of Michelin’s from them, in multiple state, in the last 10 years (I drive often 15-20,000 miles a year on a single vehicle) because of that initial good will gesture. They are always competitive and I’ve had them price match Tire Rack with no issue. Both are quality companies in my experience. I just bought another $1240 set of Michelins last week for the ML from Discount.

djorgensen3

Veteran Member
Oct 15, 2009
Peoria, Az
But how much is Discount going to charge you to mount and balance those tires? Is that price going to make up that difference in purchase price?