Damn Tire Rack, WTH?

AEGIS43

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 16, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
I ordered tires for the Blazer project yesterday morning around 9 and had them delivered about 11:30 today. That's crazy fast. I never buy tires from Tire Rack but the price was too good to pass up (wasn't going to get rubber until November), I guess they are on the list of places to look now.
Dave, did you ever tell us what tires (and wheels) are going on the Blazer?

I got a screaming deal on these AT/TAs from Elite Tire on Power in Mesa (Justin is an awesome dude) and he mounted them on the Cragars I got from Summit. Granted this was in 2019. They were like $220-ish each.

Blazer.17.jpg

grzewnicki

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Dec 9, 2009
Gordon from Jacksonville Fl
The manager at Tire Kingdom couldn't get his head around this reason I went to Discount Tire. Discount tire had same tires cheaper and a 10% military discount. Tire Kingdom gave me price match guarantee, but when I asked about he 10% mil dis. said we already gave you a discount, I said no you didn't, price matching is not a discount. Wouldn't give me the 10% so I said well send those tires back to the warehouse and I'll go to Discount. Discount was a little more for installation/balance so I didn't really save that much but it was more the point I was trying to make. Of course when I left the place I heard this scraping noise every so often, pulled it back in. Someone decided to mount wheel weights in an odd place on front tires and they were hitting caliper I believe. Manager asked the guy why did you put the weights there on the fronts but there on the backs. Don't think the guy had an answer...been a year or two. Did seem pretty stupid to me. I know when I did tires 40 years ago, I always gave the wheel a spin after install just to make sure it was on straight and no weird noises, only added a few seconds to the job. Boy I don't miss long ass lines for all the idiots who waited until the first snowfall in PA to get snows on their cars, and of course the dreaded installing studs job.

Knuckle Dragger

Mayor of Simpleton
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 2, 2002
Waddell AZ
Someone decided to mount wheel weights in an odd place on front tires and they were hitting caliper
They did the same thing to me on my daily Buick last time. I figure they hire pretty green kids, stuff happens. They learn not to after I hope.

There is a place in Georgia (can remember the name of the shop) that flat refused to take my son's money on a flat repair because he is active duty in the Navy. I told him that's the place you should buy your next set of tires. I never served but I try to patronize places that take care of those that do/did.

ssupercoolss

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
PA
I bought my own machines so I no longer have to worry about the stigma or someone messing up my wheels (except myself of course)
I really wish i had a tire balancer, and i would be all set. I can mount any tire from lawn mower tire to a backhoe tire, but we dont balance tires. I usually mount my tires, then drop them off at the place we buy tires from. They do them for free, seeings how i spend like over $100K there a year. But i question if they do it well.

BARNFIND

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 20, 2007
GPS WENT DEAD...LOST

I had looked at Tire Rack, Discount, Tire Barn, Off-Road Unlimited and even AMAZON for a specific brand but odd size tire to put on my 2004 Silverado 2500HD. Everyone quoted the same price...but were not sure when they could get them. "Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers" built a new store about a mile from my house this year. I figured what the heck, stop in and see what they said. Their price was $45/tire lower and they could get them the next day. I said order them, expecting to find out the next day that they both priced them wrong and also could not get them. NOPE, the next day I show up and the tires are there and the price is right! I will definitely be a repeat customer!​

chevynick1958

Feb 10, 2022
I ordered tires for the Blazer project yesterday morning around 9 and had them delivered about 11:30 today. That's crazy fast. I never buy tires from Tire Rack but the price was too good to pass up (wasn't going to get rubber until November), I guess they are on the list of places to look now.
I did the same thing for my wife's car, I mounted them at work, then discount tire balanced them for free, pretty good deal 75.00 a month

Latest posts