Dash Cams

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Gary S, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Who is using them? What brand and model? And, how do you like them.

I'm seriously considering getting one now that everybody is on the road with a cell phone and not paying attention to their driving. Every person I know personally who has been in a car accident in the past 5 years was hit by someone on a cell phone who didn't see the car they hit.

2. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

A dash cam would be nice but I'd rather have a system to fry the cellphone of all the idiots out there using them while driving, particularly if they are texting!

3. Gary S

Cell phone jammers work great, but aren't legal in the US. If they were, that would be a far better solution than dash cams.

4. JWZ28

JWZ28 Veteran Member

Not to mention if you have a jammer they'll just try to figure out what's wrong with their phone while driving down the road....

5. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I ordered a couple from Amazon for about $35 ea. This was about 2 years ago, I just checked and that particular model is no longer available. Luckily, I haven't had to use it to prove anything, knock on wood.

6. Gary S

The easy solution would be to have each car have a built-in jammer that operates anytime the engine is running. That way, people would have to stop and shut off the engine before their phone would work. But, we will never succeed with that because all the lawmakers would have to get off their phones too.

7. camarochevy1970

camarochevy1970 Veteran Member

pretty sure DriveCam is still the leader in the space Gary

8. Javelin3o4

Javelin3o4 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have the CompuStar CD-3200 dash/security cam in my Dart. Records 720P, comes with a rear mounted camera as well. Has motion sensor and a shock sensor that records 20 seconds prior and after the detection.

I got it after some ahole in a BMW Z4 rear ended me on the freeway and tried to claim I didnt stop?..Took like 3 months to finally get my deductible back.

9. Bill81

Bill81 Veteran Member

I see the popo on their phones all the time. Why is it illegal for us to be on our phones while driving but the popo can be on their phones? And I am referring to just talking, not texting. Talking while driving just past in my city. I finally had to break down and buy one of those dang ear things. And you can't jam a phone, what if someone needed to call 911, that's the main reason it won't work.

10. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think the big 3 should install a unit in every new car that blocks incoming and outgoing signals until the car has stopped, placed in park and shut off.