DB Z28 The Make over

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by DB Z28, Jun 25, 2016.

1. DB Z28

DB Z28 Veteran Member

Did some more work tonight. Made the sway bar end links parts. Made the parts on the lathe and threaded them to work . Had to adapt Global West lower control arms mounts to work with my Herb Adams sway bar.

DSC_0497.JPG DSC_0499.JPG DSC_0501.JPG

2. Tpichevy

Tpichevy Veteran Member

How's this project going?

3. DB Z28

DB Z28 Veteran Member

Back on the car again Got laid off now I have some time to work on it again So here we go I put in a drive shaft loop in the car. It was bolted to the Transmission mount by two bolts sold by a couple of venders was made by ram air So I installed it and it was just ok was like a spring board it could flex like a 3/4 of a inch so I improved it. I added to more mounts so it would also bolt up to the rear of the transmission also. I had to trim the rear trans mount on the sides that was not being used and welded two pieces of steel to the side of the driveshaft loop bracket. and drilled two holes and installed made it a lot stronger see pictures. This is on a TKO 600 Trans[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

dave@ztech likes this.
  4. DB Z28

DB Z28 Veteran Member

Got the Exhaust on today Got it to Fit really good. The exhaust was made by stainless works it 3 in with a x pipe.[​IMG]

75Maro, Bandit723, dave@ztech and 2 others like this.
  5. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

D/S loop looks great! Should work well in the case that the D/S wants to leave.

6. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

That's where I got the custom headers for my 73Z. Great quality.

7. DB Z28

DB Z28 Veteran Member

Brakes done today had a few leaks but good now. Hydro Boost installed and lines all on . Ran them along the top of the frame rail.Installed Drivers side Anvil carbon fiber fender Working on another problem with the Carb linkage hitting the air cleaner base so I modified the base Hopefully it will work with my air cleaner set up. Next is to fit the Radiator top filler panel from Anvil and the installing the Dry sump by the battery location next to the radiator. Here is some pictures
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Bandit723 and BillyDean7173 like this.
  8. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hard to tell from the pictures, are your lines running in the area that the control arms are located? there will be movement there so could be issue and the control arm looks be be loose

9. DB Z28

DB Z28 Veteran Member

The control arms are loose for now. going to put a few shims to get close before it goes to the aliment shop . The lines are running below the control arms they lay on the frame about 3/8 of a inch from the control arms. so all is good their.

dave@ztech likes this.
  10. DB Z28

DB Z28 Veteran Member

Installed the Anvil close out panel today it was not a bolt in what a pain in the ass but i got it . Might have to buy different Corner braces mine don,t fit unless I trim the Panel. The top Radiator cover is just a hydro dipped to look like carbon weave The parts are loose for now . Mock up[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

dave@ztech likes this.