Deal or not

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by lillypad, Jul 29, 2014.

1. lillypad

lillypad New Member

Looking at a 69 SS or at least that's what they say it is. I know you all say that if not an original motor,then pay coupe price. He wants 25k and going to look at it next week. It use to be a drag but they put it back to speck,except for motor(400). Does this seem like a decent price?

2. Bikefixr

Bikefixr Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think for 25K and an incorrect motor..the rest of the car better be excellent and should need nothing.

3. lillypad

lillypad New Member

Thanks...hoping its all good cause I really want to get my dream car..just cant break the bank.

4. loyal guardian

loyal guardian Veteran Member

Can he show you paperwork or give you numbers that can prove its what it is? If not then i would pass, unless you are ok with what you are getting into

5. lillypad

lillypad New Member

All I have at this point is the trim and vin tags, which indicates it could be.

6. lillypad

lillypad New Member

What would be a fair price? I sont know what else to look for without the motor.

7. Randy S

Randy S Veteran Member

Been a while since I had a first gen, but I don't recall anything on the trim tag to identify an SS. Seems like there was a bracket welded on the frame for the muffler or something on the rear, but not much else that couldn't be readily replicated after the fact. Check out camaros.net, it's a really good first gen site with some super knowledgeable members (like this one for the second gens!). Good luck!

8. lillypad

lillypad New Member

Thank you all.

9. flowjoe

flowjoe Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

http://www.camaros.org/index.shtml
    is probably a better source for reference on what should or should not be on the car in question, for pricing Team Camaro is better. To be fair, a lot Of the CRG guys visit Team Camaro so there is going to be a fair bit of cross pollination.

If the car is Norwood built, and starting on December of 1968, the Trim Tag can tell you if it is an SS...see here: X codes

Without photos and/or more details on how the car is equipped it is virtually impossible to guess at a price. '69 Camaros are not cheap even in project form. Market demand is high and so are prices. $25K may or not be a good deal (or even a fair one) lillypad. Post up more details and some photos and maybe we can help. But remember, this is a 2nd gen site so maybe not the best place to ask about a '69.

10. lillypad

lillypad New Member

ST69 12437 NOR256288BDY
    TR715 69 CPNT
    02A x11