dealing with Camaro Central

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by phat80, Apr 10, 2018.

1. phat80

phat80 Veteran Member

Order # 157XXX

Lawrence Irvine
    #308 XXXX Glasgow Ave.
    Victoria BC V8X 1M2
    email: XXXXX@XXXX.XX

I gotta tell ya, I am an unsatisfied customer!

On (or about) February 19, 2018 I ordered a QUOTE " direct factory replacement" , "correct factory design", "new correct style", "replaces 96055611..." 1980 Camaro drip rail set. What I received was 2 pieces of, what I would call door edge guard material equivalent, lengths of straight plastic.

The product I received is not even remotely close to being a "factory equivalent", or a remote facsimile of a 1980 Camaro P/N 96055611 drip rail.

Upon receipt of the parts I called Camaro Central sales line to discuss this issue. The young man I spoke with was really not too sympathetic to the fact I felt the product had been grossly misrepresented in the catalog, both pictorially and in the description. His rational was that, of course it was a straight piece of plastic because it says in the description "mylar".

After several minutes of discussion, of a somewhat argumentative nature I secured a Return Authorization Number (RA3655). Upon looking into the cost to me of returning these 2 items (BCM-62 and BCM-63) I receiving shipping rates that ranged from a high of 216$ CDN to a low of 85$ CDN. Needless to say I was somewhat taken aback at the prospect of having to spend from almost 3 times the purchase price to a minimum of 100% of the purchase price to return this misrepresented items.

Today I called Camaro Central to inquire as to the possibility of getting a Return Authorization Shipping Label. I was told the Camaro Central does not issue RASLs, and that I was solely and completely responsible for bearing the cost of shipping for the return of the items in question.

Okay, if that is your policy so be it. I further inquired if alternately I might be issued a store credit in lieu of incurring an inordinate return shipping cost and offered my assurance that I was and would continue to be a Camaro Central customer. Nope! That was the short answer. Camaro Central can't issue a credit without receiving the merchandise to be credited. End of story. Now I get the logic of the argument but the nuance of this particular situation seems be getting lost in bureaucracy here.

It is just not logical that I would spend more to return a wrong, misrepresented product than what I paid for it. So realizing that every argument should offer a resolution in summation, my resolution suggestion is that Camaro Central has it within their power to make an exceptional decision here. Camaro Central can generate, on my behalf, a full or partial credit against future purchase. This I believe is a way to best settle the interest of all concerned parties.

I look forward to a timely response on this matter and continuing to do business with Camaro Central.

2. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

3. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

4. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mid 70's Camaros used a plastic drip rail.
    I can't imagine they held up very well.

5. JT71SS

JT71SS Veteran Member

Im not a fan of that place at all I bought the bumper fillers they have for 74-77 camaros front and back they arent even close to fitting right evey piece was way to short. LOL they told me to try and stretch them there was 3/4 inch gap on every piece. Had a hell of a time to get them to take them back

6. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

I got the aluminum version from Classic Industries. Way easier to deal with in spite of their shipping costs.

7. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Call the credit card company and file a dispute