Decisions, decisions (gun related)

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by SupplySgt, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Happy Johnson

Happy Johnson Veteran Member

:) :) :)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  2. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I doubt I'll ever get a pocket pistol. I've put countless rounds through my friend's Ruger LCP and I'm only comfortable with the first shot. i'm not at all comfortable with subsequent shots. We'll see what I go with. I'm really leaning towards the springfield XD subcompact. But it could also depend on what kind of deals I can find as well.

3. GMPARTS 1

GMPARTS 1 Veteran Member

[​IMG]

4. Camarocore

Camarocore Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

what about glock 17?

5. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Not looking for a standard size pistol. Already have a service size pistol in the Sigma. All I'm looking for is a subcompact.

6. Cardinal

Cardinal Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

In NY State, concealed carry means just that: the pistol has to be carried in such a manner that it cannot be seen. I'd love to carry my P14 but I feel that it cannot be carried comfortably and still keep it consealed, especially in the summer here where it is hot and humid = t-shirt and shorts weather.

I had a Kel Tec 9 mm and didn't like it. It shot OK but it just didn't fit my idea of a reliable concealed carry gun. Honestly, it was painful to shoot with FMJ HP factory loads if you shot it till it was empty.

So I went on a quest of a better concealed weapon and happened to find a nice used Colt Detective Special in 38 Special. It's small (2“ barrel), packs a wallop, and is easily concealed in a pocket or in the lower pocket of cargo pants with a "paddle holster". IMHO, a concealed weapon should be accurate within 10 yards, have enough power to easily knock down an opponent with a double tap.

IF I hadn’t found the Colt, I was going to save up for a Taurus Judge. It carries a WALLOP with the .410 shotgun ammo (which is GREAT up close but looses it punch past 10 yards) and can also shoot 45 LC (long Colt) which has a longer range. The Judge will “get’er done” for sure.

7. angel71rs

angel71rs Veteran Member

That's exactly right. So many with carry licenses only carry part time cause it's "a hassle". I carry a Kel-Tec 380 cause it's always in my pocket wherever it's legal for me to carry. A bigger pistol, maybe not.

I have a Sigma in 9mm and did the trigger job myself. Easy, ended up with a much smoother trigger, about 30% less pull effort. So guesstimate around 8 - 9 lbs.

A friend at work liked mine, bought one in 40. We went shooting a couple weeks ago, his 40's stock trigger felt so much heavier it surprised me. Guess I forgot what it was like when mine was factory config. The mods I did are completely reversible in case I need to send it in for warranty work... except for the roughness I polished out.

8. GMPARTS 1

GMPARTS 1 Veteran Member

That .45 I posted is small and I keep it in my pocket and it shoots 11 times. Go try one :)

9. 73ra4mula400

73ra4mula400 Veteran Member

i carry a S & W 3913 9mm that holds 8 rounds (7+1). its confortable and easily concealed.

10. z28rod

z28rod Veteran Member

Kel-tec P11 9mm