Decoding Vin #

D-man

Oct 7, 2019
I just purchased a rebuilt 350 engine. This engine was rebuilt 15 years ago by a semi pro racing buff. Unfortunately he passed and everything was left to his daughter. After finally getting tired of looking at it and having it in the way in the garage she decided to sell it. I bought it.
I guess I should get to the question; this engine has Vin # and I D number along side each other. I was able (thanks to Nasty Z28's nice web site) decoded all the engine numbers. However for some reason I can't figure out the Vin # and find out the car and year of this engine.
If someone could help I would appreciate it; the number is C6Z128189. Thanks for anything you can help with!
D-Man

perhaps I have stared at too many numbers

D-man

Oct 7, 2019
Thank you all so very Much!!
this site is a great help because of knowledgeable member like yourself. Thanks for the welcome!
I will post a picture of the 49 Chevy truck this engine will be setting in soon.
All the best!

Darrell

rayshow

Nov 26, 2019
Here is a website revscheckreport you can use to decode your vin code pretty precisely. And here is what I think. While buying an second hand car I always bring an mechanic with me who can tell me all the details. Speak to a mechanic beforehand and get an idea of what repairs would cost - and then be realistic when quoting this when you negotiate.

Last edited:

Latest posts