Defund the Police?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Camarolina, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Camarolina

Camarolina Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2020
  2. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Veteran Member

Lol, There's parts of Detroit you can go deer hunting in now because the cops had to leave a long time ago. No more houses no more anything.

Smokey15 likes this.
  3. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member

Next time someone breaks into a house call a social worker.

Smokey15, twestrup and La.Z8 like this.
  4. Camarolina

You know what they say.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand.

5. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

This whole United States have gone out of their minds. I do understand stand that a percentage of police take advantage of their power but that’s not any reason to defund the police department’s and giving into these protesters. I’m so sick of the statement that black life’s matter. I wish the protesters would just say that ALL LIFES MATTER. Another thing if they would review some of these arrests they might see that the individual was resisting and the police officers had to fight with them to restrain them. Don’t resist arrest and you probably won’t get abused. Myself my home is very heavily protected with multiple weapons and thousands of assorted rounds for each weapon.

6. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

I remember when I was in engineering school back in the mid-90's. We were forced to take all these humanities and liberal arts classes so we could "get a well rounded education".

I thought it was a total waste of my time and money (and still do). But I remember these prof's and their wacky social/racial theories and thinking, man, it's a good thing these nuts are isolated in academia... little did I know that in essentially one generation...

Smokey15, Shizzle, dcozzi and 2 others like this.
  7. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Funny how we go to the extreme...no police and people will just take the law into their own hands. It will be like the old west, you answer the door with the shot gun.

Its ok to hurt people’s feelings. You can do what you feel is the right thing to do, but don’t go crazy because your afraid of the scrutiny for not doing what the few wants. That’s part of being a good leader too.

Smokey15, La.Z8 and Zstar like this.
  8. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

As I live in Minnesota, this is abhorrent to me, that city leaders would consider doing something so irrational.

Best case scenario, if they do this, it will leave the largest city in MN without any viable alternative for an extended period of time. You can't eliminate the existing department without a plan, but these folks seem bound and determined to do it.

Was the George Floyd situation bad? Sure it was. But does that mean that the entire force is bad? Absolutely not.

Good luck for the folks that live in Minneapolis (and I hope every one of these council members realize this) when they go to renew their homeowners insurance and find out no one wants to insure property in the city because there isn't a police force.

Smokey15, Dave Nelson and roadrace2 like this.
  9. Camarolina

Its funny to heard dummies (AOC) say that the Police should not have military surplus tanks. A tank has an artillery pieces mounted on it.
    I have never seen a Police tank. I have seen APC's. That stands for Armored Personnel Carrier. Its a shield that protects the people inside from rocks, bottles and small arms fire. I suspect many cops could of used an APC to move in and save property and lives lost this last week.

10. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

There were several small police depts in south Fl that were so corrupt, they couldn't even police themselves.
    They were disbanded and the cities contracted with the county sheriff for policing. It worked out very well
    and they got rid of alot of bad cops. Perhaps Minneapolis should look into this.