Defund the Police?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Camarolina, Jun 8, 2020.

1. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Lowend

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the main cause of all this violence and protesting is in reaction to George Floyd's death and the actions of Officer Chauvin.

Officer Chauvin has been arrested and is charged at this time, awaiting trial.

Exactly what in, your transcription of Sharpton's statement, is relevant to the discussion about what happened in Minneapolis?

2. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Just for one example, Sharpton states "we don't have a gun." If I interpret this correctly, he's referring to his race. Who's doing the shooting in Chicago? And they shoot with guns, so they do have guns.

3. Camarolina

Camarolina Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I don't have a problem with these 15 seconds but for the, "we don't have a gun we are carrying".
    The Police do encounter black criminals with guns and just because one is "unarmed" does not mean there cannot be deadly. Michael Brown.

For me its not the message, its the messenger.
    Al Sharpton has NO credibility with me. He is a race hustler and a divider and has been for a very long time. Let someone else say these words.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    dcozzi and 1972_Z-28 like this.
  4. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

let me answer that since you just don't seem to be gettin it
    cop took a life that wasn't his to take
    it has happened time and time again
    he was only arrested AFTER the protests
    he was only fired AFTER the protests
    the other three cops were only arrested and fired AFTER the protests
    you live in MN and you don't know what's going on?
    no one deserves to die like that especially someone he knew and had worked with before.
    you just want to argue about semantics and you can't see what's in front of your face

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    TommyRS70 likes this.
  5. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

bourbon_scotch

I what alternative world do you live in. Chauvin was fired within 24 hours. He was arrested within days. He wasn't a flight risk, but bail has been set at $1,000,000.00+. Like all people, he is supposed to be considered innocent until proven guilty.

You seem to think that mob rule is justice.

You claim that Chauvin and Floyd knew each other. Give me any documented source of that.

The one claim that I am aware of that was made claiming that they actually knew each other has been officially discredited.

Both worked for El Nuevo Rodeo for a portion of 2019. There was a period of time that they were both employed at the same time. Per the owner of the club:

Speaking of people that just want to argue and don't know what's going on, maybe you should look in the mirror.

I've been dealing in facts and documenting it. You, on the other hand...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    La.Z8, 1972_Z-28 and gramps like this.
  6. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

How many people filmed committing murder get to walk around for 4 days before being arrested?

bourbon_scotch is absolutely correct.
    The only reason Chauvin saw any repercussions was due the public outcry. This is evidenced by his previous 17 formal complaints (and another 6 against another arresting officer, Tou Thao)

Says the guy defending the police officers who executed a man in the street for allegedly passing a counterfeit bill (which may or may not have actually been counterfeit, and Floyd may or may not have been aware of).

Give me any documented source of that.

BFM - a criminal carrying a gun illegally is not the societal equivalent of a sanctioned peace officer doing so. I'm uncertain how potential crime in another city/state relates to our expectation of ethical behavior by our law enforcement officers.

TommyRS70 likes this.
  7. cali cruzer

cali cruzer Veteran Member

This is my opinion. I won't be swayed so no need to try and convince me otherwise.

Doesn't everyone understand who set this entire thing in motion? Floyd. Loaded with fentanyl and meth.
    Pass a counterfeit bill, resist arrest. Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.
    If the races would have been reversed we would have never heard of this story nationally.

EVERYONE gets their day in court. The officer has been arrested. They want to charge him with murder 2. Fine.
    Present the case. Jury decides. Like it or not, That's how it works.

There's going to be riots regardless of the court's decision.

carr911, Coadster32, La.Z8 and 2 others like this.
  8. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

You are making a lot of assumptions in your statements
    1) Just because Floyd had fentanyl and meth detectable in his system in his autopsy does not mean he was actively high
    2) A counterfeit bill has never been produced and there was no evidence it ever existed. If the counterfeit bill actually exists, there no evidence Floyd knew it was. Bear in mind ~ 1 in 4000 us bills is counterfeit
    3) There is no evidence Floyd resisted arrest.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  9. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

1. Your statement, while true, does not mean he wasn't actively high.

2. The police were called. What happened afterwards is up for discussion.

3. I didn't know that you had access to the body cam video. This has yet to be released to the public and most likely won't be until trial.

gramps likes this.
  10. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Yes why exactly were the police called? And don’t give me that fake 20 crap. The police don’t get called for fake bills. They would though if the patron say became belligerent about the store not taking the bill real or not.
    So the police arrive to a guy that’s “not high on 5 different drugs” and being being belligerent. That’s a great way to start out an interaction with the police.
    Point is the other half of the story needs to come to light. There is a reason why he was being arrested on the first place and why he was taken to the ground. And it’s not because he was compliant and calm.
    Doesn’t mean to say he deserved to die but there is an element of personal responsibility that seems to be missing a lot lately, and in Floyd’s case probably would have kept him from even having an interaction with the police all together.